Someone You Loved (pt 2)

So someone on Ao3 requested a part two to this one shot so... here it is. I haven't got the slightest idea what I'm doing and I'm literally gonna make it up as I go along so um idk lmao

The team had been partying for a solid 3 hours and now that it was getting late and everyone was beginning to get tired, everyone headed home. The ninja remained on the Bounty, obviously, but were a lot quieter than usual. But that was probably because only one person in particular was quieter.

Nya had kept an eye on Jay all night after what had happened in his room earlier on in the night. It wasn't normal. It wasn't him. And she was really worried.

What had happened?

She really cared about Jay and she didn't want to see him like... that. It was the last thing she wanted. And as much as she knew he didn't want to talk about it, she needed him to, because if he didn't then who knows what would happen next time. If Nya hadn't walked into Jay's room when she did, things could've been a lot worse.

She couldn't shake it off her mind. It was all she thought about for the rest of the night. She watched as he spoke to his friends, especially Cole, and how he pretended to enjoy the conversations and laugh along with the jokes but deep down inside she knew he still wasn't okay. She could see the pain and hurt in his eyes. But why? He seemed okay yesterday. Why did he change all of a sudden?

"Night sis," Kai called out to his sister, distracting her from her thoughts.

Nya glanced up from where she was staring down at the table and gave her brother a smile.

"Goodnight Kai."

She watched as Kai left the room and then peered around her, spotting that she was the only one in the room now. That just left her with more time to think.

Why was Jay so upset?

Was it the stress of the tournament?

But what didn't make sense the most was the fact that he had been shouting, trying to get someone or something away from him. It definitely wasn't Nya. At least it didn't seem like it. It was like she was talking to someone; someone inside his head.

"NO YOU DON'T"

That was what he had screamed... That was what she couldn't get out of her head. What was he talking about? Who was he talking to?

She needed answers and the only way she would get them was by asking Jay. She really didn't want to but there was no other choice.

Hurting his feelings was the last thing she wanted to do. Her feelings towards Jay were complicated. One minute she hated him and the next she loved him to death.

Yes, she so badly wanted to be with him again, but after everything that had happened and all the pain that she had caused him, why would he even want to be with her? She just felt as if he hated her for what happened. She went behind his back with his best friend and didn't even bother talking to him about it. It was obvious that Jay was trying to avoid her and that was why she couldn't choose him. But she couldn't choose Cole either.

Cole was a great guy, yes, but he was nothing compared to Jay and she was an idiot to not even realise it. He was too serious whereas Jay could always lighten the mood. Jay was adorable and he always put her before himself. He was perfect. How could she even think of having eyes for someone else? And his best friend of all people.

She had split the two apart, ruined their entire friendship, because of some stupid mistake that she regretted almost instantly.

And to make matters worse, she had completely turned her back on Jay. She kept him in the dark. She didn't even bother telling him why she had began crushing on someone else. He must have felt awful and that was why he was avoiding her.