Breakdown

Another request!! (Set after season 11)

The water ninja entered the bedroom, sighing as she closed the door. She was so relieved that the day was finally over and she could snuggle up in bed with her amazing boyfriend. She'd been looking forward to it all day. 

As she went to grab her pyjamas which were neatly laid on the chair in the corner of the room, she glanced over at the bed, spotting a rather large body shaped lump on Jay's side. She frowned, confused as to why he'd already headed off without her even having to fight him - which happened very often - but decided to shake it off since it had been a busy day. 

She entered the bathroom to get changed, making Jay breathe a sigh of relief. He'd desperately hoped that when she'd walked in that she hadn't heard his cries, which he'd tried to keep as quiet as possible.

He had to be honest; he hadn't been that great recently. Physically he was okay but mentally... not so much. No one really noticed though. Jay had always been good at hiding when he wasn't okay, even Nya didn't notice. But as soon as the team started to head to bed, Jay raced off, hoping to get some time alone to be able to cry out his feelings before Nya followed him and demanded cuddles. She was the only thing keeping him going sometimes.

But other times he felt as if he didn't deserve her. 

That was one of the reasons he was crying. But now that Nya was about to come into the room, he needed a perfect excuse to not cuddle. It would take a lot to persuade her he wasn't ill or something but he was determined. After all, nothing was wrong, right?

Nya came back into the room in her usual pyjamas, leggings and a random t-shirt she found in the closet. She put her ninja gi on the chair and headed over to the bed, yawning. As she removed the covers to crawl under them, she noticed Jay facing away from her, making her frown more. Usually he'd give her a small smile which she obviously couldn't resist. This was... weird.

"You okay?" She questioned.

All she got in return was a small muffled "mhm" and a slight nod. No eye contact. No proper sentences. Just a stupid "mhm".

Nya took her hair out of her ponytail, letting it fall onto her shoulders. She placed her hair tie on the table next to the bed and sat up properly, giving Jay a puzzling look.

"Are you sure?" She wondered.

"Yep," He replied quietly, "Just tired."

"Did I do something wrong?" She raised an eyebrow.

"No, don't worry," He stated, "Like I said... just tired..."

He was a lot quieter than normal. He seemed quite reserved and to himself and it only worried her more. This wasn't the Jay she loved. But she couldn't quite figure out what was wrong.

"Okay... well goodnight I guess," She frowned, laying down, facing the opposite direction of her yin. 

It was definitely strange behaviour, even for him, but if she questioned it more, he'd probably get annoyed. Maybe he really was just tired? But even when he was tired, he always gave her at least a quick peck on the cheek. Tonight she got nothing. 

She lay in silence for a few minutes until she heard a little sniffle come from the guy behind her. She turned her head, glancing at the back of his head, seeing him briefly wipe his nose and return to the position he'd been in before. 

Was he... crying?

Jay rarely cried. The last time she'd seen him cry was the alternate timeline. He didn't really like showing sadness around other people, not even her. For him to cry, something must've been really wrong.