Soulmate

A soulmate is someone who challenges you to be better, someone who can't stand seeing you sad, someone who stays faithful, loyal and committed to you, someone who helps take care of you when you're sick, someone who stands by your side through the good days and the bad days and someone who wants to grow old and grey with you.

Jay always saw Nya as the girl he loves. The first day he met her, he instantly fell head over heels. He knew he shouldn't have. He knew he didn't stand a chance with a girl like her but he had to at least try. And he was glad he did try.

He ended up asking Nya on a date. Their date didn't exactly go to plan however. Jay was slowly turning into a snake, not to mention the serpentine were at the amusement park looking for the first fang blade. The identity of Samurai X was revealed and Jay and Nya started dating. They began to get closer to the point that Jay needed Nya. He began to grow too attached, leading Nya to fall for Jay's best friend, Cole. It took a few years for her to decide who she truly loved but after the experience with Nadakhan, the pirate djinn, she realised she wanted to be with Jay. Ever since then, Jay had been careful around her. They had grown closer and closer together. They are now Yin and Yang and are deeply in love with each other. But lately, missions had been getting in the way. They hadn't had any time together for a few weeks and Jay was beginning to get worried. He didn't want things to end up like they were before.

It was now Saturday, June 22nd 2019. The team had only recently finished their food and a few members had already headed off to bed. Jay stayed up, hoping to catch Nya before she went to sleep too. The six ninja shared a bedroom so he knew who went in there and who came out. He knew for a fact that Nya wasn't in there. In fact, she was fitting in some extra training time.

Taking a deep breath, Jay headed down to the training area. He was nervous about talking to Nya as they hadn't really spoken since the attack of the oni. He wasn't sure where they stood.

Jay kept his half of the Yin and Yang in his pocket, along with his picture of him and Nya. It was his good luck charm.

As he approached the main area of the Monastery, the lightning ninja spotted his girlfriend violently attacking the dummys. Even though they were already knocked over, she was still kicking them and blasting them with her water power.

"Uh... Nya?" Jay started her.

"What?!" She shouted as she looked over at the door, where Jay was stood. Realising who it was, she froze as he face turned bright red.

"Jay? Sorry." She apologised.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked worriedly.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be okay?" She wondered.

"It's just you seemed pretty angry. You were attacking that dummy quite...harshly." He told her.

Nya looked down at the half broken dummy.

"Oh..."

She was so angry that she didn't even realise the damage that she had caused. She couldn't imagine doing that to a real person.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jay asked again.

Nya nodded and returned to training, pretending that her boyfriend wasn't there.

Jay grew concerned. Nya never acted like this. He could clearly tell that something was up but usually she would tell him.

"If something was up, you'd tell me right?" Jay spoke up.

Nya didn't reply. She just continued to train. Jay sighed and walked back inside. He felt like they were drifting apart. How did Ray and Maya honestly stay together with all the missions and stress? It was difficult, even for the most relaxed ninja.