Drabbles

Just some cute little short ones. I've never done these before so please bare with me :)

~+~

She sat next to the bed, trying not to wake him with her sobs.

She could never forgive herself after this.

No matter how many times people told her it wasn't her fault, she still kept blaming herself. She was the one who left the oven on. She was the one who left it unattended. And her biggest mistake was not going back for her boyfriend when the fire started. All she did was flee and call the fire brigade from outside.

As she watched the place go up in flames, it dawned on her. Jay.

Luckily, the firemen managed to rescue him before the whole place came down but she hadn't stopped crying since they brought him out to the ambulance.

He looked so peaceful yet in so much pain at the same time. There were burns all over his face and his clothes were destroyed. She felt as if she was going to pass out.

She hadn't left his side since then. She sat by the side of him as he peacefully slept in the hospital bed. He wasn't supposed to be there. It should've been her.

"I-I'm so sorry," She cried, taking his weak hand and squeezing it, not too tight but tight enough.

He probably couldn't hear her. He probably wouldn't forgive her for leaving him alone in a burning building. But she wasn't going to let this come in the way of them. She was going to make it up to him no matter what.

She needed to.

~+~

"Nya? Are you okay in there?"

The raven haired girl looked up and at the door briefly, sighing. She let out a muffled "mhm" before leaning over the toilet again, almost throwing up.

"Can I come in?"

She held back for a moment, enough to respond. The door opened behind her as she directed her attention to the furniture in front of her. Her boyfriend's strong hand touched her cold shoulder, providing some sort of comfort. She gave him a weak smile.

"I guess morning sickness really does suck," She chuckled a little.

Jay smiled as he remembered when she'd made fun of morning sickness so many times. She thought it would just be quick and wouldn't be that bad but how she was wrong. She could finally feel the pain that her mother and so many others had to go through in the early stages of pregnancy.

"Don't worry, Kai's gone to the store to get some medicine so hopefully it'll make you feel better," Jay told her, holding her long hair back as she went to throw up again, "Even if it is for a few hours."

Jay held himself back from throwing up as the gross sound escaped her girlfriend's mouth. He'd never dealt well with this stuff.

"Ugh," Nya sighed, "This wasn't how I was expecting our Wednesday to go."

Jay giggled, "We can cuddle up in bed and watching some movies if you want. We have the whole day free anyway."

"Yeah, sounds like a-" She gulped and a disgusted look appeared on her face.

"Hopefully having this baby will be worth going through all the morning sickness," Jay joked.