CHAPTER XIII: The New Minister

tw: brief description of blood, torture, death, language, suggestive sexual content

You apparated back to Malfoy Manor with Loki. He hid the basilisk fangs you got with a concealment spell and you brought the diadem to Morpheus.

Riddle and the death eaters arrived shortly to inspect it. Some of them wore masks, some of them didn't. You tried to get a good look at the ones without a mask. Thankfully, you didn't recognize anyone. They all sat around the table in the dining room again. Riddle looked satisfied and smiled evilly.

"Well done. Laufeyson. Y/N." Riddle nodded to you both. "Shall she become a death eater now?"

Your jaw almost dropped. No way in hell -

Loki stood up abruptly. "No! No. There's no need for that, my lord. She can continue to work at The Ministry for us."

"Do you not trust her?" Riddle asked Loki.

"No. I trust her with my life. I just think that she doesn't have what it takes to be one of us," Loki told him.

Was that supposed to be an insult? Well to you, it was more of a compliment.

"Very well, then. Not everyone has to become a death eater. Narcissa, another one of our newest members, isn't one either," he bowed his head to her. She was sitting across the table, smiling shyly.

The tension here was intense. Even though they all followed him obediently, you could tell they were terrified of him. Maybe everyone except Loki.

"Speaking of The Ministry, we have a special guest from there today. Morpheus. Please bring out Mr. Jugson," Riddle said.

Everyone looked to see Mr. Jugson's body come out slowly, floating above the long table in front of you. He was teary-eyed and unable to speak. His nose was bloody, his face was bruised, and he tried to squirm around to get out of his current position. No luck. He looked like he had been tortured for a long time with all of the purple splotches on his face.

The blood from his nose dropped onto the table.

Loki nudged you to put your mask on, so you did. So did everyone else. You weren't exactly sure what was going on until it happened.

Riddle brought out the diadem in front of him and looked at it, intrigued.

"AVADA KEDRAVA!" Riddle yelled, killing Mr. Jugson without another thought. His body plopped down on the table, some of the death eaters scooted back reflexively.

You almost got up to stop Riddle, when Loki took your hand and forced you down. You couldn't believe what you had just witnessed. It was so fast and unexpected.

A fragment of Riddle's soul was ripped out of his body. Riddle muttered some other dark spells you had never heard before and used his wand to force a piece of his soul into the diadem. It was disturbing and traumatizing. You didn't think you'd ever be able to forget this moment. And now you'd be able to see thestrals too.

Why did they decide to kill Mr. Jugson? Why not you? Is it because he refused to work for them and negotiate some sort of forced "peace treaty" between The Ministry and The Monarchy?

Riddle looked like he was about to collapse. It must've been incredibly painful to rip your soul like that. But you didn't feel bad for him, only for Mr. Jugson. Whose body was still laid out in front of you.

Riddle was able to get out a few words. "Everyone's dismissed. Malfoy, alert The Ministry that their leader is dead and we were the perpetrators."

Riddle and one other death eater, who looked to be a woman with black curly hair, walked out the front door of the manor. Through the window, you saw them apparate into a cloud of black smoke.