CHAPTER XVIII: A Hard Choice

tw: death scenes, sexual content near the end

You were tired of all this back and forth. You knew that you shouldn't give into Loki's demands when he always had a hidden agenda. You didn't know what he had planned for you.

Should you have told someone where you'd be tonight? Probably. But you didn't. You felt like there was no one out there that you could completely trust now.

The question was why did Loki want to meet tonight? It felt too soon to go back to the manor, especially since the death eaters knew you were on the other side now. You could sense the impending doom looming upon you. Would this be the end for you two?

You arrived in front of Malfoy Manor.

No one was there. It was eerily quiet.

You walked around the inside of the manor to the dining room to see Loki standing there, his silver-ringed hands clasped together, wearing that infamous all-black suit.

He looked at you blankly and said nothing.

He lifted up his sleeve and dug his wand into his dark mark tattoo.

Not this again.

There was nothing you could do.

Riddle came rushing into the room shortly, swirls of black smoke rippling around him. His flesh was almost translucent and his hair was falling off in bunches. He looked like a walking corpse; a ghost of his past self.

So this is what dabbling in the dark arts must do to you.

Riddle circled around you. You avoided eye contact with him. Not because you were scared, but because you were afraid his evil energy would somehow rub off on you. Loki stood on the sidelines undisturbed, waiting for Riddle to say something.

"It's time for you to prove your allegiance to me. Kill the girl and take the ring," Riddle told Loki. He took out his wand and held it against your neck.

Loki reached into his pocket and held the ring up to him. "I have it already."

You were dumbfounded. How did you not see that one coming? He must have stolen the ring from you when you were laying with him on the beach. So that's why he was acting so sweet. That little, conniving trickster.

This was it. You were going to die. There was no way that Loki would keep you alive now.

"Avada kedavra." Loki pointed his wand at Riddle.

Riddle whipped around swiftly and avoided the spell, letting go of you and causing you to get thrown to the ground.

Riddle then pointed his wand at you and you fumbled to get to yours on the inside of your cloak.

You bolted to the other side of the manor's dining room, hiding behind chairs, to avoid his bullet-like spells while you and Loki casted them back at him.

You and Loki were finally battling the dark lord and you were both firing the killing curse at him several times in a row and missing. Riddle was fast. And you had to be careful the spell wouldn't bounce off the walls and hit you instead.

"Expelliarmus!" You screamed, at the top of your lungs.

Riddle's wand was flung across the dining table and into your hands.

"AVADA KEDAVRA," Loki bellowed, hitting Riddle right in the chest.

He had killed him. Riddle's body laid limp on the floor. Whatever color that was left in his face had disappeared. You couldn't believe what you were seeing.