3. Guess My Life Ain't A Straight Road Afterall

(Estella)

Today was the day we would go to Hogwarts. Our new, different compared from others and a magical school.

I thought of getting up early, but ended up not sleeping the whole night at all due to the jumpy feeling. I got so affected that I already sat reading the spells from our spell books and I probably know some spells by heart. But too nervous to try it on.

Me and Harry were now standing infront of Uncle Vernon, asking him for a lift to King's Cross station. He agreed but asked which platform we were supposed to be at. Me and Harry looked at each other awkwardly.

"Um..... platform nine and three quarters."

"Platform what??" My uncle and aunt both asked together.

"Nine and three quarters. We must be there at eleven!!" I said.

"Don't talk rubbish!! There's no such thing like that!!"

"But it says in my ticket!!" Harry said and immediately noticed me looking at him. "Hers too!" He added quickly.

"Barking! Howling mad, the lot of them. You'll see. Just wait. We'll take you to King's Cross tomorrow. We're going up to London anyways!"

"Why is that?" Harry asked.

"To take Dudley to the Hospital. Gotta have that ruddy tail removed before he reaches Smeltings!"

****

And that was how two eleven year old, innocent kids with extremely funny packages and attracting even extremely funnier looks were left abandoned in a crowded station. Add Hedwig, Harry's snow owl into that.

"We came here with do high hopes! Now where should we find the platform?? It's literally no where!!" I said.

"Don't panic! There'll be a way!" Says Harry who was being so jittery he almost tripped once at every three steps.

Just then,

"Packed with Muggles, of course!!"

"Muggles!!" Our ears stood straight.

We found help!!

We immediately pushed our trolleys to a plump lady, accompanied by four boys, all with flaming red hair.

"Um excuse me??" Harry took the lead.

"Um actually we.... um....."

"Don't know how to get on to the platform??" She finished his sentence kindly. We nodded.

She smiled and stood between us, keeping either of her arms around us and crouched down a bit so that she could come in level to us.

"What I wanted you to do, is that go straight through that barrier between platform nine and ten. Do a bit of a run if you get scared!!"

Our heads snapped at her ar once. She just looked at us and nodded with a bright smile.

We were supposed to crash into the barrier.

Very safe.

We just saw in horror as one of the boys ran through it and vanished!! The number began decreasing and it was our turn. Harry mustered up courage and went forward as I looked up at him, incredulously.

"Seriously??"

"There's no other way!!"

And in the blink of an eye, Harry was gone too. I just stood there with a shaking heart, when that woman patted my back.