1. Where It All Began.

(Estella)

I woke up with a gasp and abruptly sat up on my bed, only to be hit by the roof of the cupboard we sleep, under the stairs. I let out a light groan and massaged the spot I got hit and turned to my side to get my glasses.

My vision came to line once I wore them. My shirt was sticking to my body because I was sweating profoundly, my blanket got glued to my legs. I kept my hands on my head and took a deep breath.

My day started like usual. I wiped my face as the reason I woke up flashed infront of my eyes.

Nightmare.

There were sounds of laughing, of a man and of a woman. I even heard sounds of babies laughing. It was so soothing and peaceful that it not only filled my ears but also my heart. But suddenly...

"No! Take them Lilly!!! Don't let him get them!!" I heard a man's voice, crying frenzy.

Then came a high pitched, cold laughter. It was so chilling that it made my rolling sweat freeze to ice.

"No!! Take me!! Leave them!!" I heard a woman cry this time.

Then..... an agonized shriek and a blinding flash of green light.

It always ended there. Everytime I had this dream (which was everyday) I used to be more confused than scared. Like, who would consider a few shrieks and a green flash as a dream? That's really absurd. Anybody would say like that if asked. But why do I find it terrifying? The screaming, the green flash and.... that laughter.... why? What was the meaning behind it?

The more I thought about it, the more I my eyes felt droopy. I took my glasses off when a slight creak reminded me of someone else's presence in the room.

In a bed opposite to mine, was another person sleeping soundly. We were of the same age and were getting treated the same way. He had the same haphazard jet black hair like mine, only mine was shoulder length, same emerald green eyes and even the same round glasses.

He was Harry, my identical twin brother, older than me by three minutes.

But eventhough we were identical twins, I could feel a difference between us. One, obviously our gender and two, he had a lightning bolt shaped scar on his forehead which I didn't have. It always made him feel different from me and and was treated too.

The instance of a total stranger in a purple coat come and shake hands with him in the middle of the street and not even spare a glance at me was proof enough. He had got that scar the day our parents had died in a horrible car crash. We managed to make it in one piece but our parents were unfortunate. Since then we were living in this hell hole. I just stared as he turned on his bed to the other side and laid back down on my bed.

Just when I felt sleep take over me

"UP! Get up! Now!!" A shrill and rude cry was heard and with a dejected sigh, I sat up.

"UP!" I heard it again and Harry woke up with a start, as if he's still not used to the first noise of the day. A spider near his glasses got so scared that it scuttled away.

"Sorry lil' one! There's room for all of us!" He said and his eyes found mine.

"Morning!" He said with a curt nod.

"Good morning!"

We sighed again as we heard the voice, our aunt Petunia call out again, rapping the door this time to get a move on and everything must be perfect on Dudley's birthday.

****

After freshening up, we got dressed in Dudley, our first cousin's old clothes which was so huge that both of us could fit in one shirt and hurried for our daily chores. I went to clean the house as Harry took over the kitchen.