chapter 17

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game; Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" Lee Jordan welcomes as the students – and some faculty cheer, we get into our places. "The players take their places as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game." After Lee says this Madam Hooch gains the attention of the older team members who are joking around,

"Now, I want a nice clean game... from all of you." With this she looks directly at Slytherins and I this I grimace, I mean I know we don't have a reputation for model students but damn, no need to attack us in front of the whole school! Anyway, Hooch kicked the trunk that the balls are in and the bludgers fly out, soon followed by the Snitch.

"The bludgers are up... followed by the Golden Snitch! Remember, the Snitch is worth one hundred and fifty points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game" Lee exclaims as the snitch moves around both the Slytherin and Gryffindor seeker's heads. "The Quaffle is released... and the game begins!" as soon as he finishes the sentence, both teams begin to fly and try and get points. I keep focused on stopping the bludger from hitting the team seeker while also trying to it the opposing team, it blurs together and I go on autopilot, I just know that on multiple occasions my team played dirty, I didn't though.

Soon I notice Harry has spotted the Snitch, I fly past my seeker and point to Harry, but as soon as they start to move toward Harry, his broom starts to move strangely – as though it's been possessed. I know I should feel guilty but after what he said to me, I think he deserves it. Soon he is dangling – holding the broom with the arm that is keeping him in the air and not falling to the ground. At this point, I am resisting the urge to help him because I feel that will get me kicked of the Quidditch team.

Just a moment later I hear a ruckus coming from one of the strands and I see Professor Snape stamping on his own coat as smoke surrounds him. I try to keep the focus on the match, but it is getting more difficult with the distraction that keeps arising.

While defending my teammates, I see Harry fall from his broom, and land on the ground, I hear people saying he looks sick and I agree. When he coughs, I see the snitch fall from his mouth into his hands and I sigh, we lost. Cheers erupt from all houses but Slytherin.

I feel a proud smile form on my lips before I remember I'm still mad at Harry. This is not easy.

After getting out of my uniform, I decided to go get the essay that was due Monday, remembering that I didn't do it last night due to the fight Harry and I had. As I walk in the library appears empty. I go sit at a table in the corner. But when I arrive instead of seeing it abandoned, I see Malfoy reading the book I leaned to him.

He isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be at least not when it's just the two of us. When I realise that I have been standing in the same spot staring at Draco for longer than I should have I turn to find another but as I turn, I hear a quiet voice say my name, I turn to the blonde boy sitting at the table with the book place carefully on the table.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting; I mean it was your first Quidditch match." Draco says making eye contact.

"I forgot to rewrite the essay last night, so I decided to do it today, I was going to sit here, but I will go find another place," I respond, honestly, I don't want to this is the best table in the library,

"Just sit here, it's fine, I mean we're both in the same house and are in all the same classes; we have to get used to each other somehow." He makes a good point – so I sit down across from him and pulled out my ink and quill along with the parchment I was writing it all on, I made slight changes to it. Once I finished the essay, I looked up to see Draco was half-way done with the book, I decided to ask him about it.

"So, how are you enjoying the book Draco?" I was prepared for him to sigh or have some type of attitude towards me distracting him, but instead, he placed the book calmly on the table and looked at me,

"It's actually really interesting, this may be a stupid question, but is it a true story?" Draco seems to be shy about asking the question, I smile and answer the question,

"No, Draco it's a fictional story, it's all from an author's imagination," I made sure that he didn't feel bad for the question, I suppose he was never exposed to muggle things, when I tell him this, he has a shy smile fall on his lips, almost as though the idea of something that wasn't real could be an escape from this world. "If you'd like I could give you a few book suggestions, but they will all be muggle book," his face lights with joy and he nods.

"That would be nice. Why are you so nice to me? I wasn't nice when we first met," I could hear the sadness in the last part of the sentence. I look down at the table and think, I was always trying to make sure people were happy, but why was I nice to him?

"Honestly, I don't know, maybe I thought you needed a second chance. But I'm glad I did you aren't that bad, actually, when you are away from others, you are really nice."

"Well thanks for it," I look back up at him and smile, something makes me feel weird when I see him give me a proper smile in return.