Chapter 14

As I make my way to the library, I have my favourite book that I brought from the muggle world, 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' – a classic. I bought it using change that I found on the street, it took me a while to save it. I arrive ten minutes early so I can read for a while. I don't realise that Malfoy has entered the library, nor did I realise that he sat down until he clears his thought, obviously to get my attention, I bookmark my page (with a bookmark and NOT dog-ear because I am not a monster!) I put my book down and reach for my things to set them out on the table, I am again pulled out of my thoughts when the blond Slytherin asks me a question.

"What were you reading?" I can hear the hesitation in his voice, maybe he is shy?

"A muggle book called 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes'." I give a brief answer, thinking the conversation is over,

"What is it about?" okay, that genuinely shocks me. Is he trying to be nice? I'm not sure, but I decide to be polite back. {a/n: the description will be based of the Benedict Cumberbatch show because I can't remember what happened in the actual stories,)

"A consulting detective helps solve mysteries with the help of a doctor -who he lives with, among other people around him, he is very analytical and has an eidetic memory. The story is quite an old one, it was written in the late 1800s." I speak with a quiet voice, possibly because I am in a library or because I am just as shy as Malfoy, before coming to Hogwarts I was bullied for reading as much as I did, Harry and I didn't have any friends except each other. So, I am scared that Malfoy will start laughing just like everyone else does, but instead, he actually looks intrigued by what I'm saying.

"That actually sounds interesting... for a muggle thing I mean." He adds the last part quickly obviously he has a large superiority complex. I decide to continue to be nice instead of giving him a snarky remark.

"You can borrow it if you would like to," I offer. He looks at me with doubt written on his face, he nods slightly

"That would be nice, but don't tell anyone, I don't want anyone thinking a pureblood like me is into stupid muggle things!" it started nice but then he went back to snobby pureblood, so I nod and slide the book to him, and we begin, I write down my part of the work and when I hear pages turning, I look up to see Draco is fully immersed in the storybook. I have a small smile, but I drop it the second I realise what I'm doing.

Once I have finished my part of the work, I pass the pages to him for him to do his side of the work and I look to see that there is still half an hour until dinner, I decide to stay with Malfoy until he is finished – just in case he needs help, no other reason. With around 5 minutes until the feast, Draco finished his part and we read over the entire thing together, fixing any problems with it.

"I can write the final copy tonight if you would like that way you can read some more of the book," I offer, I can see he is trying to hide a small smile that is forming on his face, it's a good look on him; a real, genuinely happy smile compared to the mean one he uses to others. He nods and we pack up, just before we part ways I swear I hear him say a quiet 'thank you and goodbye'.

So, maybe Draco isn't as bad as I thought.