chapter 27

[TW: passing out.

I remembered to actually switch between pronouns for Carter, in case people didn't realise I made it in a way that Carter uses they/he/she and this does not affect the gender of Y/N]

"HEY! Back away from them!" I know the voice anywhere. I heard every day of my life for 10 years. My brother. The same person who has barely spoken to me in the past several months. Suddenly everyone backs off, like they were never even around me. My breathing is out of control. I hear Harry's voice but not the words, I see his blurry figure crouch down to the floor, I can't focus on anything. Then it all just stops.

--time skip—

I hear faint whispers and try to shut them out – only because I just woke up and don't second guess whispers in a castle full of ghosts. It is only when I hear Hermione's voice whispering that I start paying attention.

"Harry, you need to apologise to them! you have not said a single kind thing to y/n since they were sorted into Slytherin, and you know it's true."

"But what about what Ron said? All Slytherins are evil, my twin is evil! Why should I talk to my evil twin?" I open my eyes, I only do so as there are tears welling in them and they are hurting to keep closed. I notice I am in the hospital wing, I recognised it because anyone who plays quidditch can describe it in vivid details due to getting injured when playing.

"Both of you shut it! Harry, you know for a fact y/n is not evil. Not all Slytherins are! We need to make sure we don't overwhelm them when they awake. They have already been through enough stress today." I am somewhat surprised to hear Carter's voice, normally when he has to deal with stress, he chooses to eat or pretend there isn't an issue.

I can tell Carter's voice is further away, I have yet to look at any of them, I am just looking at the ceiling laying still, in hopes that no one will realise I have already woken up.

"Carter is right Harry; we should all stop arguing and be kinder to each other." There is a slight pause, "Oh, y/n you are awake! Are you ok?" Hermione asks and I chose to nod my head instead of verbally answering, in fear of my voice trembling. When Harry sees my nod, he walks out with no further acknowledgement of my existence. Before Hermione and Carter walk over to me, I wipe my tears, so they don't see them. And if they do, they don't mention it.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But what happened?" I hadn't had time to think about why I was here. As soon I was aware of my surroundings I was listening to their conversation.

"Some other Slytherins were bothering you, Madam Pomfrey suspects you got overwhelmed and passed out." Hermione informed me, and suddenly I remembered everything they had been saying. Apparently, it was obvious that something was going on in my head, because suddenly Carter wrapped his arms around me.

"Do you want to talk about it, y/n?" they ask, I shake my head, as to say no. They both respected my answer as they didn't want to push me. Both Hermione and Carter stayed by my bedside until Madam Pomfrey entered the room and said I was free to leave if I wished.

"I am going to do some research; I will talk to you both later." Hermione says as she branches away from us. We say our goodbye and then we decide to go to the Slytherin Common room. My original plan was to go to my room without disruptions, so I can get some more rest, that was until we entered the common room and saw only one figure, Draco. He was pacing back and forth in front of the fireplace.

"I think someone wants to talk to you," Carter says under their breath as they slightly nudge me toward Draco – who has yet to notice our presence in the room. I nod and wave as Carter walks up the stairs to the shared dorm. I slowly approach Draco, when he notices me, he runs up to me and tightly hugs me.

"Are you ok? I heard you passed out, what happened?" Draco lets me go and guides me to the elegant green couch.

"I am fine Draco, but yeah I did pass out. I just got slightly overwhelmed. Madam Pomfrey says I will be fine as long as I rest and take time to not get stressed." Draco seem happy with my answer, but he looked like he still had something to say.

"I think I may know what it was that made you become overwhelmed. Was some of the other Slytherins?" he looked into my eyes, as if he could read my thoughts through them. I dipped my head down in shame, I shouldn't get overwhelmed by things like this.

"How do you know about it?" my voice shakes as I ask the question. I assume Carter didn't have a chance to tell him, and neither Hermione nor Harry would have spoken to Draco alone based on his reputation.

"I overheard Pansy talking to an older Slytherin about a ''putting a half-blood in their place'' I assumed it was either you or Carter until Snape pulled her aside and she rushed out. What did they say to you?" one thing I thought I would only have Harry do, was care about me. Draco has proved me wrong though; he cares even though we are very different he tries.

"It doesn't matter Dray; I know that they were wrong. Their arguments were based off their opinions and none of them were facts." Draco nods in response, knowing that I didn't take whatever they said to me seriously.

"Anyway, before I came back to the common room, Carter and I went to the kitchen to grab some snacks. Some Hufflepuffs were there, and they gave us freshly baked chocolate biscuits, want some? " as I ask if Draco would like some of the freshly baked treats, he seems confused by what I am asking.

"I have never had one, what are they?" my mouth drops, I never had much of a chance to have sweet food, but if Aunt Petunia ever messed up the biscuits, she would give them to me and Harry, only if she thought they would stick up the house and the rubbish was already out. But for someone who is rich, I was surprised he had never had one of the best things to ever exist.

"Only the best creation in the world. The chocolate goodness is both soft and crunchy! I already ate a few on the way. You have to try one, it will change your life!" I push the plate I had sat behind my back into Draco's hands, he takes one of the perfectly cooked biscuits and smells it, his eyes widen just by the scent. He bites into it with no further hesitation.

"Why did muggles make the best thing in the world, that has never been shared to our world!" he starts to eat all the food quick, I'm scared he is going to choke. I laugh at him; he looks back at me and laughs with a nervous grin.

"I think I should ask the Hufflepuffs for the recipe they use, and we could cook them together." At this Draco's smile grows larger as he nods and stuffs another biscuit into his mouth.

I know this will be a day I will remember forever. Seeing Draco smile makes me realise I have one of the best people in the world as my friends.