Morning

I woke up in the morning, feeling giddy for some reason. It felt different to sleep. It was warm and cozy and I snuggled against.. oh my god. I snuggled against Tessie! I immediately blushed bright red and opened my eyes.

She was there, not ten inches from my face. Her lips were slightly open, she breathed very calmly and her jet black hair was curling all around her dark face. She made a little sniffle in her sleep. I smiled at her. I told you, Tessie... You wouldn't touch me if I say you can't.

It was becoming hard to convince myself that I didn't want to, however. Her lips looked so inviting, I fought an urge to touch them. I glanced at the clock and realized it was so early we still had multiple hours until lessons. But the sun was shining and I was fully awake. I poked her nose gently.

"Rise and shine, sleepy face," I said to her. She murmured something under her breath and wrinkled her nose. Heavens, she was so cute. I felt my cheeks flush again. I brushed my fingers across her cheek. She opened her amber eyes ever so slightly and looked at me with her eyes slightly unfocused. I felt a lump in my throat and swallowed. "Good morning," I whispered to her.

She caught up with the world, and her eyes flew wide open and she drew backward quickly, gasping loudly. "Did I touch you?!," she said almost panicking. I smiled at her and shook my head.

"No, you silly. I told you," I said and propped myself up to lean on my elbow. Her eyes bulged slightly and I realized I was naked. I quickly pulled the covers up to hide my chest and blushed furiously. "Sorry about that," I said quietly and looked down, trying to hide my blush. "And no, you did not touch me. I told you Tessie, I trust you. You wouldn't do anything like that without permission, Demon or not."

"How can you be so sure?," she asked. To be honest, I didn't have an answer for her. I didn't know. But I was sure. I... Knew. Somehow. I couldn't explain.

"I just am," I said and looked at her. She had drawn back and she was looking at me like I was a fragile flower vase that was about to fall. I shook my head. "I just know, Tessie. I can't explain it," I said. "Now, get up and take a shower, I'll go get some breakfast ready meanwhile."