Admitting It

"I'm perfectly safe here, Tessie," she said with such a conviction it surprised me. "And even then, I'd gladly do this for you even if it meant I had to suffer in some way," she said an looked so adorable I had to fight an urger to grin and kiss here right there and then. She made me irritated with how little care she put into herself and how much she put herself out there because of me.

"How do you know that!? How can you be so sure?! This is your life we're talking about! How can you be sure you'd want to do that?!," I shouted at her. I was irritated because she seemed to lack any self worth and always put others before herself. Put me before herself.

She scowled at me and stepped forward. She slammed her foot on the ground. "Because I love you, that's why," she yelled loudly.

Her eyes went wide and her hand slammed onto her mouth. Her face flushed bright pink and she turned her face downwards. I could see her ears pulsing red, could feel the heat coming from them.

My heart almost jumped out of my mouth and I stepped backward, leaning on the bathroom door. Love!? Her?! ME?! I'm a fucking Demon! And she's an Angel! There shouldn't be love in my life at all, and no demons in hers!

But I couldn't defy the fact that it made me feel or warm and fluffy inside. I tried to calm my breathing, but it wasn't working at all. I could feel my heart thumping inside my chest, trying it's best to jump out and run away. I had to admit I at least liked her a lot and her saying she lov... loved me did not feel bad at all. Actually it felt so right, but I couldn't explain why.

"Annie..." I said, closing my eyes and reaching my hand towards her. I touched her shoulder and felt her shivering. She made a little whimpering sound as I squeezed her arm lightly. I took her chin into my other hand and lifted her head up to face me.

Her eyes were red and tiny teardrops glistening on her cheeks. I pulled something inside me and I felt I'd break apart. It was one thing to hear her say.. that, and another entirely to see her crying and so sad. "Annie... I—," I said.

"I'm so sorry!," she almost yelled. Tears fell down from her eyes. "I'm so sorry..." she whispered.

"I'm sorry I said that aloud. I can't deny it, but I shouldn't have said it aloud. Please don't hate me Tessie, I can't help it. I fell for you somewhere down the line and I can't deny it. But I shouldn't have said it. I shouldn't bother you with my stupid angel heart and my troubles, when you have so much on your plate. I'm sorry, Tessie.. I... I'll go now, if that makes you feel better," she rambled on with a shaky voice, not looking at me. Her lower lip quivered and she was almost sobbing in the end.

She turned to leave, but I held on tightly to her shoulder and wouldn't let her turn away. "Tessie..." she said. "Tessie, let me go. I... I'm just bothering you, let me go and I'll leave you—," she said.

I grabbed her other shoulder and pulled her closer. She tried to turn her head away from me, so I let go of her shoulder and grabbed her chin gently. I turned her face toward me again.

"Annie..." I said to her, and my voice came out much more timid and meek than I wanted it to. "Don't leave... at least like this. Please, Annie... ," I said and felt a lump in my throat.

This was not going as smooth as it should. I will never hear the end of it, if Hell gets a whiff of a succubus crying after love. Not in a million years. But the thought of Annie leaving, alone and crying, and never coming back...

I looked at her lightly swollen eyes, wet with fresh tears and felt something click inside me. Looking into those clear blue lakes of gentleness, I finally admitted it to myself - I liked her. I liked her a lot. I liked her as more than a mere colleague, more than an acquaintance, more than a friend.

Ah screw it, if it's the pits I go for this, so be it! I cupped her delicate face with both of my hands, pulled her closer and touched her lips with mine. It was just a second or so and our lips barely brushed together, but it felt so damned good. Her lips were so soft, like the finest velvet. No succubus could ever even hope to have anything better. Her lips were warm and it felt like electricity had pulsed through my body.

I felt my heart beat faster and faster. I looked into her eyes. She looked so confused, but happy at the same time. It's like her eyes shined from an internal source of power. Her lips were slightly parted, I glanced at them and decided that the world can die for all I care, if I can be with her. I pulled her close again and kissed her again, this time for longer and deeper.