First Day

Lisa

First day of school is always eventful. You meet people for the first time or you see familiar faces again after a long vacation. It's always important for me to make a really good impression. Strangers or old friends I don't want myself looking like a clown to anyone. I should always be at my most perfect self.

Looking at my fullbody mirror I analyzed my outfit for my first day of school. White Celine crop top shows a little bit of my abs which I worked on during summer. Denim boyfriend pants complimented my firm long legs and a white Gucci shoes to match my outfit. One last look at my ponytail and perfect bangs and I'm good to go as I grab my black classic box Celine shoulder bag.

I went down the stairs from my room and saw my parents eating breakfast at the dining room. I kissed and greeted them goodmorning as I sit.

Starting from my everyday sandwich which our Chef Dara always make for me my father spoke to me

"I expect nothing less from you this school year as well Lisa. Make sure to come on top again."

I swallowed my sandwich and took a sip of my protein shake. I have a really strict diet for myself since I want to keep a perfect figure that pleases the eye.

"Ofcourse Dad. When have I ever let you down?" Several times, actually. You've never known since I'm very good at covering my shit up.

"Not yet. But I don't want you letting your guard down. Being second is equal to nothing." He finished his coffee and stood up to go to work.

That's how he made it. With that kind of thinking he made our small food stall from Thailand into the biggest 5 star restaurant chain in Asia. Perfection is a must. Not being the best is a failure.

He expects a lot of things from me. Being his only child its no question that I would be the one who will inherit the business. I'm was not really interested with numbers and strategies. I like to adore sceneries, take photos of what I find beautiful and let my body flow with the music. Things my father find irrelevant. So I gave up trying to pursue what I like and just keep them as a secret hobby since my father only wants me to focus on business. I don't like to complicate things with my father. He makes things hard for me when he doesn't get what he wants.

"Sweetie, anything you like for your first day of school?" My mother broke me from my deep thoughts.

"Nothing mom. I have all I need." I curved my lips as I bid her goodbye.

My mother is really giving but I can't say she spoils me. She only gives me limited attention as she's always with her snobby friends shopping or being snobby in general. Not that I hate her or anything. I just wish she'd give me affection or even just acknowledgement.

I got inside my silver Audi R8. My father's gift when I got accepted to Seoul National University. Just one of perks when I meet my father's expectation. I get a wish and he grants it, no matter how expensive but what I really enjoy is his affectionate smile and his "I'm proud of you's". Its what makes me want to do my best.

I turned on some music playing Dynamite by BTS to improve my mood. The day is just getting started. I need to get my shit together. I sang and dance as I drove my way to school.

Jennie

People who prepare to make first day of school special are just plain stupid. First day of school will be just the same as the whole school year. You wake up, get ready to school, go to school, do other stupid shit, and done. Go back home and repeat.

That's what I've been doing for years now. Just a few more years and this torturous cycle is done. I'm still on my 2nd year studying Art at Seoul National University. Sure, this routine will take a couple more years to end but it won't be in vain once I graduate.

I took a quick glance at the mirror skimming my outfit. Just a pale yellow sundress and beige cardigan paired with black flats. I don't need to exert effort to look pretty. I always had it.

Ready to go I took my bag and placed it on my shoulders and grabbed my keys. Leaving my room I saw my cousin at the sofa watching the news.

"Good morning Jenduekie!" Jisoo Kim my cousin/roommate/schoolmate greeted me with a beaming smile.

She's still wearing her baby pink pajamas with rabbit and turtle prints. I wonder why she's not yet getting ready for school. Doesn't she have morning classes? Shaking my head from my thoughts. Not that I care...

I nodded at her to acknowledge her greeting. I went to the kitchen to make my coffee.

"Is that how you greet people in the morning Jenduek? You're like a grumpy cat."

"Stop that unnie. You know I'm not a morning person." Ugh I need this coffee right now.

"Alrighty then.. How about lunch with me and Rosé?"

"No thanks. I don't wanna third wheel with you and your platonic wife to be." I finished my coffee then quickly left the apartment.

"I'll see you at lunch then! Chicken's on me!" Jisoo shouted behind closed door.

Great. Looks like I won't have a peaceful first day of school then.