XIII

My head pounds at the sounds of the common room waking me up. My eyes break open to peer at the fireplace. How'd I get here?

I hear Pansy's voice and then the door closing, I sit up quickly but she's already gone. What happened last night? There's so many blank spots between dancing and drinking, but vividly, I remember shouting at Malfoy... I feel like shit about that and about how much I drank.

I try to lift myself up on the couch when I feel a pop in my elbow and flop back down, yelping in agony. I forgot about that.

"Keep still."

I can't reply before a spell is thrashed my way. I look up through the light of the fading remains of the spell to see a dull Malfoy. I feel myself begin to panic when I realize that my pain is gone, I test it out by extending my arm and bending it again. Did he just mend my elbow?

"Thanks." I mutter, hoping he doesn't hear.

He steps back and takes a seat on the same couch as last time, looking away from me and rather through the window at the lake behind me.

"Can you..." I pause as soon as he looks at me, "Tell me what happened last night?"

He stays silent for just a moment longer as if he were picking which parts he'd prefer to tell me.

"Well, after you walked away, I went back inside and told Pansy to follow you because you were out of your mind, pissed." He bites his lip, "Otherwise, you tried to kiss Pansy before I dragged you out."

"I, what!?"

Oh God, kill me now.

"I knew you didn't mean it so I removed you from the situation and that's when that happened." He's referring to my elbow.

"I'm never showing my face again..."

He scoffs, "Probably a good thing."

I glare at him, "Your mockery isn't helping."

"No really, lay low, you being into girls is all everybodies been talking about since last night. Just stay in here, read some dumb book and rot a little bit in the pits of shame."

He looks very proud of himself as he stands up to leave and while I wanted to slap him, he's right and frankly, sounds like he's trying to help.

I extend and bend my arm again, making sure it's really okay before I end up doing exactly as he suggested. I waddle over to the book shelves and find myself a not-so-dumb book and make my way back to my couch, letting the pages suck me in.

After some time of reading my eyes felt heavy but my stomach was talking far too loudly for me to ignore it. But it's also suggesting I find a bathroom and give the toilet a big~ hug. The thought of food is making my tummy turn but I need something in this empty dehydrated body of mine.

I leave the book on my seat and make my way out of the common room, walking to the dining hall where a few sorry faces like mine were sitting. Most of them had sunglasses on and feeling the brightness of the room, I wish I'd done the same. I make my way to an empty seat and in comes some breakfast-lunch. An oily cheese griller, oily bacon, two eggs, toast with oily butter, and a side of fried tomatoes. I held my mouth and closed my eyes.

"Don't throw up, don't throw up..." I hum to myself.

"Morning, light weight!"

I shut my eyes tighter at the loud cheerful voice that comes skipping my way. When I open my eyes, she seats herself in front of me, it's Tracey. Haven't seen her for some time.

"So, how do you feel?"

"Slimey."

She chuckles, "Well you did go through most of a barrel of butter beer." She etches closer over the table, "And what about you and Pansy, huh?"