Forceful Visit

Time passed quickly, and within a few months Peach had finally gotten back to her normal life. Visiting her people, hanging around Mario and Luigi, and being a pretty placeholder for her parents. They had left again a few days after their daughter's room, explaining that they had put a hold on their mission to make sure she made it home safe.

Peach had understood, but still wished they could stay with her. That way her days wouldn't feel so empty once her friends were too busy to spend time with her. Which, again, she understood. Mario and Luigi had a successful business they had to run, and it wasn't as though the villagers could stop every facet of their lives to entertain her.

So, she typically sat in her room, staring out the window. Her favorite thing to do was to watch her people live their daily lives. Getting their groceries, chatting amongst each other, having picnics, it was all so nice and wholesome.

Sometimes she wished it wasn't so wholesome. A part of her missed the screaming and arguing you could hear in the Darklands. While it wasn't always nice to hear, she had greatly enjoyed the change of scenery. Not to mention some of the arguments the Darklandian people had were very, very interesting.

Between the simple road rage spats and bar fights, some creatures really had it out for one another. One time, Peach had been able to catch a fight concerning a man's wife fooling around with their neighbor. She had known that some were unfaithful in their relationships, but it just wasn't as common in her kingdom. And despite her knowing better, she had listened in intently, curious about the dispute.

Now? She watched on as young lovers strolled through the village, hand in hand. Mothers chatting happily as they fed their babies. Pets being walked in the nearby parks.

She was bored, plain and simple. She missed the uniqueness of the Darklands. Although she hated thinking that, not only thinking that she should be happy that her kingdom was so content, but also because she always thought of Bowser. It was so hard to keep him out of her thoughts, but all she felt was pain when she remembered him.

As she sat in bed, she hid her face in her knees. Why did he have to lie to her? Why did he have to destroy everything? The worst part of the whole thing was, she had really believed that he loved her. Sure, he hadn't said it, but she had felt it. How could she not? He looked at her like she was a precious gem, something to be protected, admired, adored.

Hugging herself tighter, she allowed herself to sob again. She had never experienced any pain quite like this, and she hated Bowser for making her feel this way. She hated him for making her fall so deeply in love with him that she couldn't truly hate him now.

If only she had truly experienced love before he barged into her life, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. It may have even helped her to get over him more easily. But no, he had to be her first love, the most notoriously hard kind to forget.

The whole matter was exhausting. Thankfully, Peach had been able to eat and sleep properly after the first month, and now only had shockwaves of sadness, much like this one. Hopefully it wouldn't be much longer before Bowser was out of her mind completely.

Taking a deep breath, Peach finally lifted her head, resting her chin on her knees. She now stared at her bed, suddenly taking note of how intricate the embroidering on the comforter was. She wanted to try anything to push these troubling thoughts away. It had honestly been the most difficult part of the healing process. Which was funny, considering she would most likely never see the koopa king again.

It was just then that she heard screaming from below, the mushroom people scattering about in a panic. Not long after that, she noticed Bowser flying around on a smaller version of an aircraft with a strange face on it. She couldn't believe it.