Finding the Perfect Solution

Bowser grumbled to himself as his servants tried to will him awake. He didn't want to have to get up because that meant he had to go to countless meetings and listen to tons of other countries attempt at forming alliances with him. It was irritating beyond anything he'd ever had the displeasure of being forced to listen to. With sleep-grogginess holding back some of his power, he spit a puny fireball at the bold maids, who easily dodged, more than used to his childish behavior.

"Siya, ya must wake up," one of the slightly higher-ranking maids groaned, placing her calloused hand on Bowser's face in a light, hopefully waking slap. "Ya have too much ta do today ta sleep in."

"Go away, you old hag!" Bowser growled, opening one eye to look menacingly at his maid. "I'm sleeping."

The maid rolled her eyes and sighed. "I didn't want ta do this sire."

She gave the signal to the other maids, who got the usual bucket ready. At the whispered count of three, she ripped off the blankets and shouted "Now!" They poured ice-cold water, adorned lovingly with actual chunks of ice, all over their beloved king. Said king bolted out of bed roaring and fully awake, his fire much longer and larger than it had been before.

"There we go," the maid said with a crooked grin. "Now you're up."

Bowser would have roasted her right then and there, but Kamek appeared and whisked him away, thanking the maids for getting Bowser up and awake. Meanwhile, the koopa king was roaring and thrashing about in anger, threatening to flame broil his maids. Kamek just rolled his eyes and kept his leader walking.

"Now, Lord Bowser, your itinerary says that you need to attend a meeting about finding a suitable partner for your arranged marriage," Kamek began, as per usual. Right away, Bowser raised a brow at him. "Is there a question about that, sire?"

"Only that I'm able to pick out my own wife," Bowser said, his tone dripping with confusion. "Isn't the whole point of an arranged marriage that it's arranged?"

"Well, Your Grace, you demanded us to allow you to choose," Kamek responded impatiently, annoyed with his scatterbrained king.

"Right, of course I did. It's a great idea," Bowser said triumphantly, grinning. Kamek rolled his eyes. "What else is there?"

"Hm...after your first meeting, there's about two more, but the second isn't too important, just some international relations issues. You could probably finish it in under an hour," Kamek hummed. "After those, you're pretty much free for the day."

"Who's holding the relations meeting?" Bowser asked gruffly. "Because if it's another kingdom that makes a mess in the meeting room, I swear I'll-"

"It's the Mushroom Kingdom, I believe," Kamek answered, cutting off another one of Bowser's long-winded threats. "They're hoping to become trade partners with us, if I heard right."

"Aren't we enemies with that kingdom?"

"Well, yes, we have been for years." A turn down into a hallway. "But they're saying that we have resources they want, and that they have resources we may want."

"I doubt anything those shiitake heads have are anything we need," Bowser grumbled.

"Water that doesn't have to be filtered ten times," Kamek began immediately, counting off with his fingers. "A steady supply of natural life with natural oxygen, food that somehow supports a lower mortality rate-" He stopped as Bowser cut him off with a hard glare. He gave a grin. "Is there something you've noticed we need, sire?"

"You're lucky I'm still kinda tired," Bowser grumbled, walking faster towards the meeting room, where he could already hear the chattering of his advisers. "What's this one for?"