Dinner

Bowser mumbled curses under his breath as he stomped to his room, just two doors down from Peach's. Of course Kamek made them as close as possible, and put her in one of the nicest rooms. Obviously the old fart had a soft spot for pretty princesses. The king rolled his eyes at the thought, not letting the princess's obvious good looks get the better of his thoughts.

Yes, it was better to think of things other than her lemon-colored hair, or her soft pink lips. He had to get his mind off of her delicate frame, with her waist so easy to wrap his thick hand around. Not to mention her eyes, exactly like pools of the cleanest water. Also her skin, smooth and perfect, just like porcelain.

Bowser's eyes popped open as he realized what he was doing, standing in the middle of his room.

"Damn it!" he yelled, kicking the chair closest to him. It shattered against the wall. "Oh, great!" he groaned, rolling his eyes. He flopped onto his bed, his face flushed. He tried to rub the blush away, but found it useless. "She's just a girl, a prisoner. There is no reason to think of her that way. She's a piece of the puzzle I need to get the Mushroom Kingdom all to myself..."

He spoke like this for hours, lying around in different positions. On his bed, on the floor, on his stomach, on his back, pacing holes into the floor, whatever helped him think at the time. He managed to get this convincing into his head for the time being, pushing out the scandalous thoughts of the princess.

Of course until dinner was ready.

As a nameless maid poked her head into the door to make Bowser aware of this, he sat up, looking at a nearby clock. He had been locked up in his room for three hours, talking to himself. He groaned and flopped back on his bed. The maid cleared her throat nervously.

"I heard you," he growled, sitting up again and glaring at her dangerously. She squeaked in fear and apologized madly, causing Bowser to sigh and hold out his hand to stop her. She hushed immediately. "Listen, go get Kamek and send him to Princess Peach. He needs to get her ready for dinner."

The maid didn't question, knowing her boundaries well. She rushed off at his dismissal to find the old magikoopa. Upon her leave, Bowser stood up and stretched, not feeling the need for a shower. Instead, he left for the dining hall, a massive area with several tables that were placed for several reasons. His shortest one was for when he ate alone, and any added length depended on how many were joining him.

He tended to use the short table quite a bit.

Tonight he ordered another chair to be added to his usual table. As he sat down, he watched the door for Kamek to shuffle through with his "guest". It took about fifteen or twenty minutes of waiting, but she eventually came out. She had on a new dress, fresh and clean, and a little more detailed than her other. The gem on her chest was more prominent, and the pink was a little darker, more mature looking. Her neckline was lowered as well, showing just a bit of her cleavage.

She was captivating the entire room. Damn her, he'd just gotten over drooling over her. He'd done it for three hours. That meant that there was three hours of talking to himself like an idiot wasted because the princess he'd kidnapped was absolutely stunning in this new dress. Her hair was even tied up, the strands falling perfectly into the messy form he'd come to memorize.

Of course she was perfectly made up as well, her makeup applied expertly, most likely with Kamek's magic. That must also be how she got that dress, which she seemed to be glowing in. Said magikoopa led Peach to her chair, grunting at Bowser to cue his attention. Bowser took a moment or two to realize that Kamek wanted him to pull out her chair for her, and he shook his head. She was a grownup, she could do it on her own!

Peach caught on to their little stare-off and pulled out her chair, sitting down and pulling it in swiftly. She sat straight up with her hands on her lap, her posture perfect. Everything about her seemed to be just perfect, really. He wondered when she would notice his sudden shift in thoughts and became self-conscious.