Chapter 2

ASTRIA

Since I tend to be the first one awake i get up to brush my teeth, wash my face and change into jeans, black tank top and my black air max.

I take the time to repack our stuff and setting it on the small couch so it can be ready for when we leave.

I decide to wake Genesis up so we can start heading out and be able to reach the city before night falls. The city is just 6 hours away but we also have to stop for food.

"Genesis, come on wake up"

She stirrs in bed but does wake up in the first try

"How do you feel?" I ask her with a smile

"My wounds healed thanks to you, let me get ready so we can stop by and get food to eat" she gets up and grabs her tooth brush before heading to the restroom and closing the door.

I decide to let Olivia know though mindlink that we will be on our way again, her response is short but full of love. On thing about the river pack is that everyone treats each other with love and respect, we don't believe in omegas so everyone is equal there. Even alpha Montez and Luna Marie have asked us to refer to them by their first name.

The pack never really does because of us being raised to treat our alpha and Luna with the most respect. Here and there we actually call them by their first name but once a neighbor pack visits we refer to them as alpha and Luna.

Genesis walks out of the restroom and puts on her shoes and packs her bag again. We make sure we aren't forgetting anything before heading out to drop off the key.

"Thank you so much" I tell the teen behind the counter

"No thank you! We rarely have people stay here and you both saved us" she replies cheerfully making me laugh

"I will be sure to recommend your motel to anyone looking for one, thank you again and stay safe" Genesis replied with a smile and wave as we start walking

"There should be a diner about 20 minutes away, we can stop by for breakfast" I tell her making her smile

We walk in silence but it is not the awkward silence, if anything Genesis and I have always enjoyed the silence because of how peaceful we feel. We would always stay out late at night and watch the stars in silence. It was more beautiful when the pack would shift and howl to the moon.

    We enter the diner 30 minutes later and decide on the booth close to the door

We enter the diner 30 minutes later and decide on the booth close to the door. We wait to get attended while looking at the menus that have already been place in the booth.

"I think I'm getting the basic breakfast" Genesis states

"Same we can also get a shake after just so we can snack on that while we get to a liquor store and buy some snacks" I reply back earning a smile and nod from her

The waitress stops at our table and jots down our orders before leaving again. We stay alert just in case, the alpha of the pack we are currently in have already be told that we will be passing by. He has even agreed for us to stay as long as we want but we politely declined his offer. The faster we find her mate the better, momma always told us the more it takes for a wolf to find their mate the painful it gets. I pray that we find him in the next pack over so it can ease her wolf.

She is a beautiful black and white wolf, she is very protective of me. I think it's due to the fact that we are basically family. Women wolves tend to be very protective of family even more than male wolves.

I am interrupted by the waitress bringing us our food. We mutter a thanks before smirking at each other and eating. We have always been competing to see who finishes their food first. She has always won. She does have an advantage due to her being a wolf so technically she eats slow but still manages to beat me. Not this time!

I look at her plate and mine before grinning noticing I finished first for once. I fist bump the air making her chuckle.

"Told you I would win one day!" I laugh

"Next time you won't" she smirks as we clean up the table and leave the waitress the money for the food and a 10 dollar tip.

We start our trip to the city once again in hopes of finding Genesis her mate.

We finally reach the city after a few hours, we mainly made it before night fall due to Genesis shifting to her wolf

We stop by a motel again and grab a room for us to sleep In. Once we get the key we head up and fall asleep. My body feels really exhausted due to all the walking but it is all worth it because in the end my best friend will be able to be with her mate.

That night I fall asleep with a good feeling. Next pack will be where her mate is I just know it!

Until then goodnight 🌙