thirteen: miss the kiss.

the song above is very important for the chapter so i advice that you tap into your spotify/whatever you use and listen to the song:

I lied by Nicki Minaj

also, tysm for 1.12K like wtaf ?!?!
thank u, bye.

J E L A N I

"I lied, I lied, I lied

"I lied, I lied, I lied...to keep you from breaking my heart," Jelani sang loudly in the car. Fairy drove while Verity chilled in the backseat.

- Even though I said I didn't need you...I lied -

Jelani looked at Fairy, she had mascara running down her eyes. Fairy glanced at Jelani before they rubbed her tear with their finger.

- Even though I said I didn't miss you...I lied -

"Come- come Lani, you'll find another guy to make out with at the party. Trust me, my cousins have seriously great taste...you'll forget about that nigga, I swear," Fairy smiled. Jelani burst into full on tears as the song continued to progress.

- I can't fall for you, can't give my all to you
Can't let you think that I'ma let the game stall for you -

Jelani wiped her tears then remembered that she actually wanted to fuck another guy. And god, she prayed Xavier would be there to witness it.

- Cause what happens if I fall in love, then you cut me loose? You just a heartbreaker, won't let you break mine -

"Ok, you're being dramatic, Jay," Verity said, getting up from her seat. "I know. I just get overly sensitive sometimes."

They finally arrived at the party by midnight after two hours of driving. Jelani's mood had been slightly better, in fact, she was very enthusiastic about finding another guy she could forget about by tomorrow.

Besides...Xavier was just a good fuck, and nothing more...

- who knows? Who knows? So...I lied. To keep you from breaking my heart, oh -

X A V I E R

His hands began to tremble as he worked Jerry's tattoo. He pulled away and pinched the bridge of his nose tightly.

"You better have not messed up my shit," Jerry muttered aggressively. "I didn't," He sighed hopelessly. His tattoo still looks neat.

He didn't understand why it was so hard to forget her in that moment.

Now he did...