twenty: castles.

hey y'all ...not to be annoying or whatever but like:

please vote 🥺 i put effort into these chapters & i understand that voting takes so much time (🌚 ) but like - could you please just vote. it's one lil star, you know 👉👈

that's it, bye.

X A V I E R

"Hey," Xavier answered as Jerry finally picked up one of his calls. "What?" Jerry replied sternly. "I need a favor," Xavier slurred, his eyes met Jelani, who was busy with her project and listening to music. Jerry hummed from the other side, giving Xavier allowance to continue. "I need your tickets to the DA tonight."

Xavier wanted to visit a place he typically wouldn't go to with someone. He would've gone on his own but Jelani made it impossible for him not to do something nice for her. They would go as friends...maybe something closer than friends but either way — he'd be with Lani. And when he was with her, he was happy. The museum was significant because it was the place that Xavier and his mother spent her last few days on the earth. It made him nostalgic, all the time he spent looking at one painting while him and his mother playfully judged people that they saw.

"Why?" Jerry interrogated with aggression in his tone. "I wanna go and I didn't book," Xavier grumbled, getting impatient with Jerry. "Only one?" Jerry asked.

"Two."

"Why two, Xavier?" Jerry muttered. Xavier heard a distant sound of Jerry rummaging through his files and some people talking in the background. "I'm bringing someone." Xavier knew that Jerry would be suspicious and ask, yet he still paused to allow Jerry to speak. "Who?" Jerry accentuated, elongating the 'o'.

"A girl."

"What. Girl?"

"A girl. Do I have to say more?" Xavier rolled his eyes. Jelani took off one of her earphones to listen to Xavier's conversation. "Who, what's her name or else I'm not giving you—"