*twenty-five: cigarettes after sex

X A V I E R

X A V I E R

"We have a shit ton we need to talk about," Jelani said after Xavier came out the shower

"We have a shit ton we need to talk about," Jelani said after Xavier came out the shower. His hair hung over his eyes, breaking the contact that Jelani wanted to give him. "Why?" He said.

"Because I know you're keeping something from me. I know you're lying about something," She said. "I only smoke sometimes."

"Xavier. The fact that I didn't know you smoke, only proves that you lie to me. Well...you don't tell me things about you. You know so mu—"

"Jay, it was one time! You don't have to overreact all the fucking time. I can't tell you everything about my goddamn life, Lani," Xavier said. His voice began in a booming crescendo and diminished into soft sigh.

"Why are you yelling at me when all I asked was a question?" Jelani scoffed. "I didn't mean too but...do you get where I'm coming from?" He sighed. "So it's only like...an occasional thing? You're not addicted to cigga-"

Would he tell her how he needed opioids and how he adored the smell of weed?

Would he tell her how there'd be times when he wanted to put the poison in his system rather than be with her?

Of course not.

"No, I just have them occasionally. Please don't think that..."

"Okay then," she smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Just don't ever smoke in my sister's home."

"Okay," he smiled. Jelani smiled and pecked him on the lips gently. He'd keep lying. Just to protect her smile.

"You know what I've wanted to since I've been in this place?" Jelani exclaimed. "What?" He smirked, grinding his hard against her thigh. "I wanna go into the jacuzzi," she grinned. "Do you have a suit?" he asked. Jelani leaned down and picked up the shirt he was wearing before.