A Sneak Peek

"Hi."

A long black hair girl greets Riley as she stands in front of the ED entrance with her hands in pockets and her mind in peace. Riley turns her way and makes sure she is talking to her before taking a step closer to the girl who has just thrown her lit cigarette away.

"Are you from around here?" She asks when Riley stops a little bit too far. Her cardigan looks suitable for early Fall and her smile is constantly shining towards Riley who doesn't seem to notice.

"Ah. Yes." Riley answers politely.

"So you must know good bars around here?"

"Ah." Riley chuckles with a smile. "There is one a couple block away, I guess. I don't really go to a lot of bars so... I don't think I can be of great help. Sorry."

"How about..." The girl says as she steps closer to Riley whose hair now a little bit longer that she can push it back casually and effortlessly. "You give me your number in case I need help with other things that you can be of great help."

"Oh." Riley exclaims quietly. Alice is always right; what would she do without Alice? How didn't she know she got flirted with? Riley pulls her left hand out of the pocket and holds it up showing off her wedding ring. "I don't think that would be appropriate."

"Oh." The girl exclaims and then smirks. "I guess I'm a little late."

Riley doesn't respond anything but she smiles awkwardly. The girl is not a little late. Although she appears sooner, it won't be any differences.

"Hey." A cheerful greeting is made behind them. As they turn and look, one has a smile on her face almost instantly. "Hi?"

The girl glances back and forth between the doctor who wears a brown biker jacket over her scrub and the one who is in her hoodie that she has been speaking with. "Oh. Sorry."

Julia watches the girl leave before confusingly giving Riley a hug and a kiss on her cheek. "Your friend?"

"Ah. No." Riley wraps her arm around Julia's waist as they walk on. She chuckles ridiculously. "She asked for my number."

"Huh." Julia exclaims as her arm finds its place on Riley's shoulder. "Did you give it to her?"

"What? Of course not."

"She looked like your type though." Julia makes a remark that makes Riley scoffs.

"My type is you." Riley glances with dimples that melts Julia's heart.

Riley moves her hand from Julia's waist to her hand as they are about to cross the street. Julia feels the ring on Riley's left finger and smirks. It still doesn't feel real to her that Riley is her wife. After five months, it still feels unreal. It still feels like they are dating somehow.

"We should buy a car. So you know, you can chill in the car while waiting for me and stuff." Julia raises a discussion. They have talked about this but the topic was dropped since they couldn't find enough advantages of owning a car.

"Are you jealous?" Riley says quietly with a smile on her face.

"What? Noo. That's ridiculous." Julia chuckles nervously. It is because of the hair. It is definitely because of the hair. Riley grows her hair out a bit to the shoulder-length and her little natural wavy hair is shown.

"Okay." Riley nods. "We'll talk about the car later."

"Okay."

The couple goes into a restaurant where they sometimes order a takeout. Riley would always be the one who places orders for them and they would pick them up together. Today is one of those day.

"Hi." Riley greets the hostess after she deals with a dine-in customer. "For Riley Terrell."

"A moment, please." The hostess says after checking the order on her computer and takes off to get their food.

"Fine." Julia bursts out randomly. "I'm jealous. It's almost like marriage does things to you. Now, everyone is all over you."

"What? That's not true. Who is everyone?" Riley chuckles and caresses Julia's face adoringly. She doesn't care about everyone. There is the only one she cares about and she is right in front of her with her frowny face. "You regret marrying me?"

Julia slaps Riley's butt playfully. "No!"

"Here is your order." The hostess hands Riley a big paper bag.

As Riley is taking the bag and getting a credit card out to pay for the food, her phone rings. In stead of handing Julia the bag and answering the phone herself, Riley moves closer to Julia and gets on her tiptoe so that her jeans pocket gets a little closer to Julia's hand. Julia reaches into her pocket to get the phone.

"Hello." Julia answers Riley's phone while Riley presses her card PIN into the machine. "No. This is her wife."

"Thanks." Riley says to the hostess and follows Julia out of the restaurant.

"Your meeting is rescheduled to 9AM." Julia puts Riley's phone in her bag before linking her arm with Riley's.

"No." Riley whines.

"Also, she said you couldn't escape the company barbeque. You can try but you can only try."

"No." Riley whines. "No."

"I'll go with you. Everything will be okay, baby." Julia pulls Riley to stop and gives her a kiss to comfort her miserable soul about the company's barbeque picnic and another kiss just because she wants to.

"Fine." Riley whispers and leans in for another kiss. "But I hate barbeque."

"You love barbeque."

"I love you."

"You still have to go."

"Fine."