Heartbreak

"Riley."

Julia rushes out of the bedroom and speeds her way to Riley who is cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Her hands are still busy with tying up her long auburn hair into a ponytail when she reaches the kitchen. Riley flips the scrambled egg in the pan before looking over her shoulder.

"Good morning." Riley says for a second time this morning; the first time Julia was too sleepy to acknowledge anything. She gets a quick kiss on her cheek from Julia who seems to have things on her mind and can't wait to share it with her wife. "What is it?"

"We can set Alice up with Jack." Julia reveals her great idea that she has got while taking a shower. It sounds sensible on her part but with a chuckle and a glance from Riley, she starts to doubt everything. "They're both single. They're both amazing. They have things... in common."

Riley pours the egg into two plates that are waiting by the stove. "You know, how you mentioned that I've never really said 'no' to you."

"Yeah?"

"Well, no." Riley grabs both plates and heads to the dining table with Julia right behind her. "Can you grab the coffee, please?"

Julia is in a hurry to pitch her idea in more details but still, turns back to grab two coffee mugs that are filled with coffee; one with a little milk and one without. "Why not? Jack is great."

"Jack is great but Jack is in love with someone else." Riley sits down and reaches over to start cutting up bacons and sausages on Julia's plate. "Are you suggesting that they should be on a rebound relationship?"

"Yes and no." Julia is too busy explaining her idea that she doesn't notice how Riley is now buttering toasts for her as well. Riley's eyes are on her but her hands are arranging food on Julia's plate. "Jack and Kat are never going to happen anyway..."

"And you know that for sure?"

"Honey."

"I'm just asking." Riley smiles. She finds a very determined Julia adorable although she might get her head decapitated for interrupting her.

"And Benjamin puts target on his back now. There is no way that you and Kevin will let him come anywhere near Alice." Julia knows these people well enough now. Kevin is probably going to intimidate the man until he pees himself while her sweetest Riley is probably going to make sure that the man lives in hell.

Riley shrugs as she agrees with that statement. "That's true."

"So I see no reasons why they can't go out on a date... a blind date."

"Julia." Riley puts a couple of buttered toasts on Julia's plate before starting her argument. She needs reasons when talking with Julia. She can't just say nonsense things and gets away with it. Julia doesn't allow that. "I've known Alice for like 50 years..."

Julia scoffs. "You're 29."

"Exactly. So no. I don't want her to be in a rebound relationship. No. It feels like hell bound."

"You're being overprotective." Julia mumbles before looking down at her plate. Everything on her plate is ready to be eaten; sliced bacons, chopped sausages and buttered toasts. She looks up and caresses Riley's face adoringly. "Aw. Baby."

Riley smiles with food in her mouth. Her dimples are replaced by her puffed cheeks.

"We can do like a group hangout and have them decide for themselves." Julia negotiates quietly while having her heartfelt breakfast. Riley knows that she won't drop this. This becomes something she has set her mind on now. It becomes her mission.