38 - Back to Reality

𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

NOVA

I knew it was time to go home now.

I had stayed with Jimin another night, sleeping in the spare room this time instead of next to him... I didn't want to have another sex dream about him, that was already awkward enough the first time.

It was good for me to have some time alone to clear my head, and I really valued Jimin's company, so I didn't think twice before agreeing to stay another night. The two of us knew what the other needed and we made a great team.

Jungkook wasn't there when I got home. Instead, I was greeted by an anxious Sana sitting quietly on the sofa. I felt terrible for getting up and leaving without saying goodbye, but Jungkook had pushed me until I couldn't handle anymore.

Surely, she would understand that?

"Where have you been?" She asked, her voice low and laced with bitterness. Sana usually reminded me of the sun with her sweet voice and golden locks. Something about her was angelic – she reminded me of everything good in the world.

But she was my best friend, and best friends argue.

"I went to Jimin's," I answered, honestly, knowing it wasn't the time to lie.

"I sent you so many messages, Nova. I was so worried and you had the audacity to leave me on read! And this, this is just the icing on top of the cake!" She said throwing her hands into the air. "You went to Jimin instead of sorting things out with JK? What were you thinking, Nova? I know what he did was awful, and I've told him that, but this isn't you," she'd left herself breathless.

I sighed, walking to the kitchen to get a drink. I was tired of hearing those words. "What do you mean this isn't me?"

"This person, you're a million miles away? You still look like my best friend but it's not you, it's not the Nova I know and love..." She sounded like she was holding back tears. "Out of everyone, why Jimin? You heard what Jungkook said, he's insecure around him!"

"Oh just shutup!" I yelled, turning around and making my best friend jump as I slammed the fridge shut. "You have no clue what you're talking about!"

The damage was already done. Sana had fallen back in her seat, tears in her eyes and her mouth slightly ajar. "What's gotten into you?" She whispered, furrowing her eyebrows like she was trying to make sense of the situation.

"HE CHEATED ON ME SANA! HE KISSED ANOTHER GIRL! DO YOU NOT SEE HOW WRONG THAT IS?" I screamed, running my nails through my hair.

"Oh, don't act so innocent, Nova. I've seen you; I've seen the way you act when people bring up Jimin, I've seen the way you watch each other when no one else is looking. Have you forgotten that I know you better than anyone? Jungkook may have physically cheated, but at least he still loves you, we all know he still loves you."