Epilogue - Starting Fresh

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞: 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡

NOVA
Four Years Later

Hope filled each corner of the stage as I took my first step out, my pearl pumps encouraging me to bounce across the vinyl before I paused in my starting position.

When I heard the music start, it was like liquid adrenaline being injected right into my bloodstream - just enough to make me tingle and start to move my body fluidly. Every moment in my life had led up to this exact moment, the moment where I could go down in history as one of the best dancers the world of ballet had ever seen.

I started off lightly, performing a sequence of spins before the music hit its climax. It felt incredibly liberating as I leapt across the stage, landing in my partner's arms. Everything was perfect. The world ceased to exist, and I executed each move with so much precision that the only thing I could feel was the rhythm seeping through my veins.

It was almost like I was moving in slow motion, giving me the chance to put everything into my performance. My body flowed into each upcoming move like it was second nature, like it was muscle memory and my one purpose in life was to make art with my body.

Once it came to my big finale, I landed in the centre of the stage and spread my arms like wings, protruding my chest forward as the whole theatre erupted into applause. I looked out into the audience to see all my friends sitting in the first row, with wide grins on their faces.

At that moment I knew I had made it.

My life was proof that even if you started off a subject to torment and trauma, it does get better. The theatre was filled with at least three thousand people and although I had performed in front of more in the last year after graduating from K-Arts, this was my dream. It used to be the New York City Ballet, but this was home now. I was able to perform in my favourite place on earth - the theatre Jimin gifted me.

Applauses continued to echo through the place as my partner walked forward to stand beside me. I couldn't believe it as the audience stood up to give me a standing ovation, making my heart miss several beats in astonishment. If this is what success felt like, I wanted to feel it every single day.

I locked eyes with the love of my life and smiled at the proud look on his face, he was the reason I was standing up here. Without Jimin, I would have continued my life working at Platinum or worse... I wouldn't be alive to witness this incredible moment.

I had worked hard over the past four years to continue fighting my demons, but I had my friends to help me and I had Jimin. I was constantly surrounded by people who had no idea about the trauma I'd endured when I was younger, but Jimin understood. Jimin and I worked together and built each other up and that's all I ever needed. I needed someone to rely on, someone that would love me when I couldn't love myself; we did that for one another.