Final Notes

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬

So I'm doing this because I love reading other author's thoughts after the book finishes! I hope this can give you some understanding to my thought process when writing!

So I wrote this book with an end goal in mind, and it was never really going to have a 'happy ending'. I wanted to be different I guess and be realistic, that's why I constantly referenced how unrealistic fairytales are. There are some people in life, believe it or not, that have the worst luck imaginable - and our Nova was one of them.

Obviously, the epilogue showed her happy and successful but that doesn't completely wipe away all that she had to go through in her life. Let's call it a veil, her past was veiled by her success. Let me touch on one thing though- Nova is still far from okay, I still imagine her in therapy (a great therapist that she looked for herself). She still has nightmares, she still aches from time to time because of the loss of Jungkook and her aunt, but that's natural right? It's realistic for someone like her to be imperfect yet so perfect at the same time.

Even though the books finished now, I kinda want to explain to you how I imagined Nova, once and for all. If you reread, I need you to understand that Nova does fit the standards of beauty but believes herself that she doesn't. I was dead set on writing a character that hasn't had it easy BECAUSE of her attractiveness. Society takes girls like Nova and puts them on a pedestal, they're made into models, actresses, influencers, you name it, and we're made to believe they live a superior life because of their pretty privilege - and to a certain extent that's true. However, we also have those girls who suffer with body dysmorphia, eating disorders, mental disorders and so many other illnesses that make them believe they are not how others perceive them. Nova was my way of showing that it's not always easy for the pretty girls, sometimes it's just as hard... Literally if you re-read you'll notice how many times Nova compliments Sana and talks about how beautiful she is even though she is just as beautiful.

This is how I created Nova, I didn't want to play around too much since she's supposed to be Wasian. I mostly let the computer take the different attributes and put them together. I didn't put this image at the beginning because I hate reading stories and being shown how they look.

This is absolutely stunnnning though!