(26) An Old Enemy

It's a sunny morning. Spencer and you decided to get up early and drive to the café you frequent. You leave your car parked and pay the parking meter for the whole day. Your bags over the shoulder, you walk to the BAU. Spencer grabs your hand, making you smile. For a while, you just walk in silence, enjoying the weather and your coffee. Eventually, you say: "I decided what book we will read next."

Spencer turns head towards you: "Oh, yeah. It's your turn. What do you want to read?"

"The Silence of the Lambs."

He lets out a chuckle: "Do you want to proof-read it for inaccuracies about the BAU?"

You let go of his hand to pinch his upper arm.

"Hey!"

Laughing, you answer: "I want to read it because it's a great book and a great movie, thank you very much."

"Fine." Spencer rubs the spot you pinched.

"Oh, come on. it wasn't that hard."

He throws away his empty cup and yanks you towards him: "I'll show you hard."

"Oh, yeah?" You grin, your face mere inches from his.

Instead of answering, Spencer grabs your face and pulls you against him.

Holding on to your cup, you put your arm around him, your lips meeting his. They taste of coffee, just like yours. Spencer holds on to you until you both have to take a breath.

Arms around each other, you walk the rest of the way to the Bureau.

- - - - - - - - - -

„Do you think the team suspects anything?" Spencer asks you in the elevator.

"About us?"

"Yes."

"I don't think so. Hotchner got over his suspicion pretty quickly. They know you have a girlfriend. But I doubt they think it's me. We also have been getting away with it for a few months now..."

"Why shouldn't they think you're my girlfriend?"

"People usually don't expect me to be in a relationship. Especially with someone like you."

"Like me?"

"Sweet. Caring. Non-violent."

"And why don't they think you are ever in a relationship?"

You shrug your shoulders: "I seem to give off the vibe of someone who isn't capable of that."

"That's stupid."

"I know." You smile at him and Spencer squeezes your hand before the doors open.

- - - - - - - - - -

"After we land, Byrne and Reid drive to the medical examiner. Take a closer look at the bodies. Morgan, Rossi, JJ, each of you talk to one of the families. I will set up everything at the police station."

"Okay." You nod and look back at the files, going over the preliminary medical reports. Since it's a small town in Ohio, there is only one coroner, and they aren't equipped to look at three bodies that quickly. All three bodies were found two days ago in a field. No IDs, no clothes, no tattoos, no anything. Just death.

While the medical examiner hands you gloves and a face mask, Spencer shakes his head. He keeps his distance to the bodies and stands behind you. The coroner basically repeated what was already in the reports and you asked him to let you have a look at the corpses.