01

"what about her?"

it was a typical day at inarizaki high school. miya atsumu was leaning against the wall, while his friends all sat eating their lunch.

he was pointing out a particularly interesting girl. she sat alone, contradicting to the other crowded tables filled with groups of friends in the lunchroom. she also had her nose buried in some sort of book, and that caught his eye.

"oh. that's f/n l/n." his twin brother osamu responded. "yeah but good luck with her, apparently no guy has ever been able to pull her." suna mumbled as he typed on his phone.

"hm." atsumu pondered, then bit his lip and crossed his arms to study the girl more.

she was undeniably pretty; not in a way that she wore a lot of makeup, but in the way that she just had a sort of..natural beauty. she didn't particularly stand out either, but something about her caught the young boys attention.

"i think i'm gonna go talk to her." atsumu expressed.

"good look with that." osamu responded with a slight click of his tongue.

you hadn't even noticed the boy sit down across from you. you didn't know how long he'd been sitting there until you glanced up. he was just..staring at you with his head rested in his hands.

"umm..hi?" you said awkwardly.

"hello." he responded. you sighed and went back to your book. you knew who this guy was, and you couldn't say you were all that interested in talking to him. you expected him to leave, but he didn't. you couldn't pretend that his staring wasn't making you a little uncomfortable, so you calmly shut your book and met his gaze. "can i help you with something?"

he smiled; satisfied that he had finally gotten your attention. he leaned forward a little bit, then looked at your book. "whatcha reading?"

you squinted at him; trying to figure him out. "manga." you stated calmly. he chuckled a little under his breath. "that's a good one, but i actually prefer the seventh volume." you just stared at him blankly.

"i didn't take you as the reading type." you said bluntly. atsumu smiled a little. "surprise." you rolled your eyes, and went back to your manga. "may i?" he asked, and titled his head towards your book. you were seriously considering saying no, but you decided against it. "fine. i don't mind." atsumu smirked, then you adjusted the book so that you could both read the panels.

oddly enough, he actually sat still and read. he didn't talk for once; just studied the pages. you read a bit faster than him, so when he finished a page he tapped the table lightly so that you knew when to flip.

by the time the lunch bell rang, you had finished about half of the book. as you were packing up your things, you accidentally knocked your manga book off the table. atsumu picked it up, and held it out to you with a half smile.

"you intrigue me y/n. i think i'll sit here again tomorrow."

you thought about it for a moment. as much as you hated the attention of his fan girls already glaring at you from around the room, you couldn't pretend that you hadn't slightly enjoyed having someone read with you. even if it was miya atsumu.

"i don't really have a choice do i?" you said.

atsumu pretending to think, then smiled again. "nope! besides, we have to finish the book." and with that, he turned and started walking off whistling with his hands in his pockets.

miya atsumu.
not what you had expected in the slightest.

hi!! yes i started another fan fic..and what about it? anyways, i hope you enjoy this one; i really like it so far. since i'm going to be doing shorter chapters, i will probably be posting two a day or possibly more.
-M