05

things were finally starting to get back to normal. well, sort of.

you sat with the whole team at lunch instead of just atsumu, although the two of you still sat next to each other and read manga. osamu seemed to enjoy your presence, along with everyone else.

kita, the captain, was especially kind to you. he didn't talk much but when he did he always had something nice to say. suna was on his phone most of the time, but the two of you had become somewhat of friends as he enjoyed texting you during lunch even though he was sitting right across from you.

aran hadn't sat there in awhile; and you still hadn't met him. according to osamu, aran had study hall for most of lunch, but atsumu still hadn't said anything.

"so i'm guessing you haven't spoken to aran yet." you whispered to atsumu as you turned the page. the boy sighed. "nope. haven't gotten around to it." you gave him a look and he sighed again. "i will! i promise." you were about to say something, when aran and lani walked up to the table. everyone went dead silent. this was going to be awkward.

you could feel atsumu tense up next to you, so you bumped his elbow to let him know you were there.

he relaxed a bit.

"oh um. hey guys." aran said, scratching the back of his neck. everyone at the table bowed their heads and mumbled or muttered a hello. aran's eyes landed on you and smiled a little. "oh, you must be y/n! i'm-" you cut him off lightly.

"aran. yeah, i've heard about you." aran smiled and sat down. lani sat down next to him awkwardly rubbing his shoulder. this was bad. sure, you didn't know aran's side of the story, and you had barely spoken to him, but he had hurt atsumu.

and that was a problem.

"well it's nice to see you again y/n." lani said sweetly. oh please. you wanted to kick her. "likewise." you said, and faked a smile.

"oh yeah, this totally isn't awkward." suna said, and osamu elbowed him. "i should be recording this." suna added dryly.

atsumu still hadn't said anything; all of a sudden he seemed extremely interested in his hands. you absently intertwined your fingers with his, and he smiled slightly. he didn't say anything, but you knew the smile meant thank you.

lani watched your every move, but you really could care less about her at the moment. "so y/n, besides the team here, have you met anyone around school?" aran asked. lani nodded and spoke up. "yeah, are you..dating..anyone?" you were about to say something but it was kind of too late for that, as atsumu spoke first.

"yeah. she's my girlfriend."

OOP yeah cliffhanger. this chapter is super short but don't worry, next chapter is going up later today and it's gonna be a long one :)
-M