11

miya atsumu had never been able to tell someone that he loved them.

he wasn't even sure he could feel that way about anyone; well besides for his parents and his brother of course. love had always been a reserved feeling that no matter how many girls he dated he could never quite..feel.

and now, here he was with a girl right in front of him ready to confess.

"i still love you tsumu." lani said, and readjusted her bag on her shoulder awkwardly.

atsumu allowed his brain to wander for a bit and analyze his current situation. he couldn't even remember how things had ended up this way; how lani had ended up in front of him instead of y/n.

at one point in his past life he might've been rejoiced to hear lani say these things to him, even though he wouldn't have been able to reciprocate the strong feelings. however, that's what was so different between past atsumu and present atsumu;

now he had learned how to love.

atsumu started to speak, but lani cut him off. "but you love her..don't you?" she whispered.

he did.

and a part of him had always known it, but hearing it out loud made his ears ring and his heart hammer in his chest; in a good way of course.

atsumu nodded. just a simple tilt of the head. lani sighed and rolled her eyes a little impatiently. "whatever. you'll come around eventually." she said, then walked off texting furiously to her girlfriends.

atsumu let out a relieved sigh, then turned his attention back to the entrance of the school where the girl he wanted to see walked in.

you were talking to aran and kita when atsumu tapped your shoulder lightly. "excuse me fine gentleman. you wouldn't mind if i took y/n for a bit would ya?" atsumu asked, and when they nodded their approvals, he linked your hand in his and tugged you to a familiar table in the lunchroom.

"ta daaaaa!" he said excitedly, and pulled out your chair for you before you sat down.

"atsumu, what's all this for?" you murmured. as he scooted his chair over by yours and looked up at you expectantly. "it's where it all began! on this day three months ago, i sat here for the first time and read manga with you. i asked you out on a date and you rejected me."

you giggled at the memory. "ah yes, this beginning the long string of rejections." you laughed aloud. atsumu smiled softly.

"in honor of that, i suggest we read a manga together..for old times sake." he said happily. you nodded along with a smile, and opened a manga; sliding it so that atsumu could see it as well.

finally you reached the end of your book to find a note taped to the back.

"i lobe you y/n -tsumu"

you blinked a couple times as atsumu watched you expectantly.

"atsumu, this says i lobe you." you chuckled.

atsumu blushed deeply in panic and snatched the book off the table to exam it.

"what?! that's impossible, i could've sworn i wrote it right-" he stammered. you laughed a little at his flustered nature that you didn't get to see all that often, and leaned over to press a kiss to his cheek.

"well good news lover boy; i lobe you too. misspelling and all." you teased. atsumu broke into a wide smile, and gently cupped the side of your face.

it was strange really; how gentle he had become. someone who had also been so careless and clumsy; who also struggled to express his true feelings.

his lips grazed lightly over yours before he muttered softly; "may i?" you nodded of course, and with your consent he kissed you. not a kiss that was messy or prolonging; but one that was soft and sweet.

"ugh. can you two at least get a room?" osamu whined from behind you, and suna pulled out his phone to record you two. without breaking the kiss, you both swatted your hands in front of suna's phone to cover up the camera.

after all; who needed a camera? this was now, and to you two;

that was all that mattered.

the end.

stay tuned for a little authors note in a bit <33