06

previous chapter:
"yeah. she's my girlfriend."

current chapter:
everyone at the table went dead silent. suna smiled to himself and tried to record the whole thing, but osamu snatched his phone from him disapprovingly. you could've sworn kita smiled a little.

and you? you just..sat there. you had no idea what was going on, and lani was glaring at you like she was gonna murder you.

"woah woah woah. you two are dating?" aran asked. "that's great!" you forced a smile and nudged atsumu. "yeah..atsumu, can i talk to you for a second?" before he could even respond you grabbed his arm and pulled him out the lunch room.

as soon as the two of you made it into the empty stair well, atsumu started sputtering an apology.

"i'm sorry y/n, i wasn't thinking and i don't know i just saw them together and i-" you stopped him by clapping your hand to his mouth. "stop rambling, calm down." he nodded, and you slowly removed your hand. "i'll go back and tell them you're not my girlfriend, i'll just..make something up." he started to walk back upstairs, but you yanked him back.

"owwww what?" he exclaimed. "i'll do it." you said.

atsumu was confused for a second. "what do you mean?" you sighed.

"i'll be your girlfriend. well, pretend to be."

atsumu smiled and picked you up. "thank you thank you thank you!" you smacked his head, then he put you down. "but if we're gonna do this, you're gonna have to be believable. oh, and no cheesy nicknames..i'm not calling you tsumi." you said flatly.

"fair fair." he responded. "oh yeah, and atsumu one more thing." he turned, and you grabbed him by his shirt collar and pressed your lips against his.

he was shocked at first, and you didn't really give him any time to react before you pulled away. "if THAT was our first kiss people would know." you said matter of factly. atsumu stared blankly at you and his face got really red.

"well that's not fair! i'm a much better kisser when i'm not surprised." he huffed, and turned away with his arms crossed. you sighed and pulled him by his arm again. "come on, let's go back."

the rest of lunch was actually..nice. everyone seemed to be in a better mood, and there was a comfortable feeling going around. aran and atsumu even talked to each other a couple times. not as much as you figured they used to, but at least they were doing alright. lani was still glaring at you and studying you a lot which you tried your best to ignore.

atsumu held your hand on the table and rubbed his fingers over your knuckles while everyone talked. for a second, you almost forgot you were faking.

{time skip}

it was friday night, and you were on your bed doing your rather large stack of homework when your phone buzzed with a couple texts from your fake boyfriend.

i'm bored.

again, what do you want me to do about that?

well you're my girlfriend, you're supposed to entertain me.

**fake girlfriend tsumu

can you open your window? it's cold out here.

shocked, you hurried to your window and peeked out to see atsumu staring up at your window.

"what the hell are you doing outside my house you idiot?!" you yelled. thankfully, your parents were out at a work dinner. "i told you i was bored! and.." he dramatically got down on one knee causing you to blush and cover your face. "atsumu what are you-"