Valentine's Day

(In this story, Tina is working in the ministry and staying at Newt's flat).

Tina comes home to find the main room lit only by candles, a wonderful dinner spread on the table and some romantic jazz music playing on the wireless. She couldn't believe her eyes or ears. She hears footsteps and sees Newt standing at the other end of the table, dressed up in a dark blue suit with matching bow tie and waistcoat and looking at her a little nervously.

"Hello, Tina" he greets her.

"Newt, hi, um wh-what is all this?" She asks, smiling.

"A surprise. Happy Valentine's day"

Tina's smile grows wider and Newt goes over to pull her chair out for her. She takes a seat and so does he, in the seat next to hers. He pours them both a drink and they eat their meal whilst talking about their days, then about their pasts (Tina learns a lot of what Newt got up to as a child and his experiences in the war and Newt learns about Tina at ilvermorny and her Auror training).

The evening continues to go well. They eat dessert and tell each other funny stories.
After they finish eating (and Newt tells Tina a particularly funny story involving him, an angry villager and baby dragon), he takes her hands in his, looks deeply into her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Tina, we've been spending a lot more time together and, well I wanted to ask you something"

"Newt, you can ask me anything"

"Okay, well" he swallows "We have been spending a lot of time together and well, my feelings for you have-"

"Hey guys" Jacob greets them as he wanders into the room.

Newt quickly let's go of Tina's hands and smiles up at Jacob.

"H-hi Jacob" he says.

"Hey" Tina says.

Jacob turn to look at them and sees the atmosphere and situation he's just walked into. His eyes widen.

"Oh, sorry, am I interrupting?"

"Well, um.."

"You see...."

Jacob holds up his hands in surrender and he walks out the room.

"I get it. Youse two need time alone to talk. I'll leave you guys to it"

"Thank you" they say in unison.

After they are alone again, Newt once again takes Tina's hands into his own and looks into her eyes.

"Where was I?" He asks her.

"You were gonna ask me something. About us spending a lot of time together..."

"Right. Right, um..... well whilst spending all this time together, my feelings for you have..... grown. What I mean to say is that I've grown really fondly of..... you."

"Really?" Tina asks, her smile growing and her heart beating faster.

Newt' heart beats just as fast as hers seeing her smile at his words.

"Really. And, well um what I wanted to ask you is; Tina, will you" Newt takes a deep breath, "Tina, would you-"

"Evening you two" says Theseus, walking into the room.

Newt once again  let's go of Tina's hands. He looks up at his brother, slightly annoyed.

"Hi Theseus" Tina says.

"Hello Theseus" Newt says.

"What are you two up to?"

"Theseus can I please talk to you for a minute? Alone?"

"Of course, little brother"

Newt and Theseus walk out of the room, and go through the basement door. Newt closes the door behind them and turns to his brother.

"Remember a couple of nights ago when I asked you for some advice for what I could do for valentines day with Tina and you suggested dinner".

"Yes and by that I meant take her out to dinner. Like a proper date"

"This is a proper date"

"Dinner at home? Is a date when you're already in a relationship. Or engaged. Or married. But a first proper date? Usually you both go out and spend some alone time out together."

"You and I both know I don't do what others usually do"

"You could've let the rest of the house know"

"I thought it was obvious by the look of it"

"Okay, I'll leave you both to things for the rest of the night."

"Thank you"

"Anything for you and your happiness, Newt"

Newt smiles at his brother and leaves the basement. He goes back to the main room to see Tina still sitting at the table, waiting patiently for him. He smiles lovingly at her and sits next to her again. He takes her hands, looks into her eyes and continues his speech".

"So, Tina what I wanted to say is that you're beautiful, you're kind, caring, brave, considerate and a wonderful person"

"Awwww, Newt" tears start to sprout in her eyes.

"And what I wanted to ask you is; Tina, would you um, like to b-be my-my" Newt starts to look panicked.

"Newt are you okay?" Tina asks, looking concerned and brushing his hair out of his eyes.

Newt freezes at her touch, completely lost in the moment.

"Newt?"

"Right sorry, um, Tina, would you like to be my g-girl" he takes another deep breath "girlfriend?"

Tina gasps. Her hand flies to her mouth, her other still holding Newt's.

"I'm sorry, I know it seems sudden and you don't have to answer right away, I just wanted to tell you my feelings for you after all this time and-"

"Yes" Tina breathes.

Newt's eyes widen as does his smile.

"I-I'm sorry d-did you just say....?"

"Yes. Yes Newt I would love to be your girlfriend"

"You would?"

"I would"

"You will?"

"I will"

They both stand and hug. They stay like that a few moments before breaking the hug and look lovingly into each others' eyes. Their loving smiles move closer and closer until their lips touch and they share their first kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend.

The end. Hope you guys like it. Little valentines day special. Hope to write more soon.