happy birthday newt

Ok so in honour of newton's birthday I'm writing and uploading this fanfic today!!! I will also be uploading a valentines day 1 I know it's late and I'm sorry but I've been real busy. Now I've finally found time to do this. Hope you all enjoy!

Newt wakes up to another day. He gets up and feeds his creatures but feels like something about this day is different. He just can't seem to put his finger on it.....

That is until he is downstairs and sees his brother with tina and Jacob laying out the table to a breakfast feast and a birthday cake in the middle with his name on it.

Of course newt thought. Todays my birthday.

"Happy birthday Newt" they all chorus.

"Thank you" newt replies, smiling and blushing.

He sits at the table with them and they all enjoy the food. Then his brother gets up and grabs a picks up something big and wrapped from the corner of the room and puts it into newt's hands.

"Happy birthday little brother" he says.

Newt opens the gift and is surprised and confused to see his suitcase in his lap, looking almost brand new!

"Thes, what?"

"I got your case all fixed up for you as a present. I figured you use it a lot when on your travels and well you can't keep any creatures in one all beaten up and bashed in, can you?" Theseus explains, smirking.

"No I guess I can't" newt replies. "Thank you"

Theseus waves him off before Jacob speaks up.

"Well I wasn't sure what to get you pal but I made you this cake"

"Thank you jacob. Really you don't need to get me or make me anything but I appreciate it and the cake is good"

"Of course I do! You're my friend and friends get each other gifts for their birthdays"

Newt nods in reply and embarrassment .

"I will just go get mine for you" Tina then says as she gets up and rushes into the room she's been staying in at his house.

Newt moves to sit on the couch whilst Theseus and Jacob clean up in the kitchen (and to leave newt and tina to a little privacy).

Tina comes back soon after with a small rectangle wrapped in blue paper.

"Its not big or anything it's just I saw it and thought that it would be useful for you and its...well...its really nothing" tina stuttered, looking flustered and tucking her hair behind her ear, self-consciously. She sat down next to him on the couch and hands him the gift.

"Thank you tina really. I'm sure I'll like it because it's from you" newt says surprisingly boldly.

He unwraps the gift and sees a teal blue leather bound notebook with his initials on the front in gold and with it a Thunderbird feather quill.

"Wow tina this is...this is..."

"Stupid I know I'm sorry it's nothing better."

"No it's amazing tina thank you so much" newt tentatively places his hand on her hand.

Tina looks down and their hands and smiles up at him. "Your welcome."

"Where did you get these?" He asked her, trying to find a conversation to cover to awkwardness between them.

"A book shop in diagon alley that your brother showed me. The feather for the quill is one I found in my apartment just after you left. I assume it must of been one of Frank's."

Newt looks closer at the feather. He was surprised to see it was indeed one of Frank's feathers. He couldn't stop smiling.

"This is the best gift ever. Thank you tina" he whispers in her ear.

Tina blushes. "Your welcome"

Jacob and Theseus discreetly leave the house to leave them to their moment.

Newt and Tina can't seem to stop smiling and looking at one another. Ever so quickly and swiftly, Tina plants a kiss on Newt's cheek. Both blush profusely.

"I better get going. I've got some paperwork to finish off and I really wanna get it done so we can keep celebrating your day" she gets up from the couch and starts moving towards her room.

"Happy birthday newt" she says as she walks away.

Newt wants to ask her about the kiss.

"Tina, wait" he says as he gets up and follows her.

"Yes?" She asks as she turns and sees hes standing right in front of her.

They both look at each other in the eyes. Both infatuated and lost at the same time.

Newt can't ask her about the kiss. Not now. Too open. Too forward? He feels it might be.

"What other things are we doing today for my birthday?" He ends up asking.

Tina smirks and says; "just you wait and see" then turns again and walks out of the room.

Newt sits on the couch again, clutching his presents and smiles to himself.

And done. As usual likes and comments are appreciated (I know I always say this but its true) and I'm sorry I know it's not as good as others but I'm currently writing on my way home from work so I hope this suffices for all you readers out there. And thank you for those who are out there still reading all my other stories too. Newtina forever!! Mimslovesnewt out!