Hippogriff ride

Hey so, this will be part of my fantastic beasts 3 fic once I get started on that, but this idea has been on my mind for so long, I had to write it now. Hope you enjoy!

"Grindelwald is in Rio De Jenaro" The minister informs.
"Rio?" Theseus questions. "In Brazil?"
"Indeed. I believe he's gathering more followers in South America".
"So, what's the plan, Minister?"
"You, Theseus, are going to stay here"
"But, then why did you tell me about Grindelwald's whereabouts?"
"Well, you are still head auror. You can set up a team to send there and gain more information about his plans. It's all we can do until that blood pact is broken. Any progress yet?"
"None so far, sir. But Dumbledore is trying every trick he can to do so"
"I bet he is. Keep a close eye on him too. And that brother of yours. Don't want either of them getti g up to their old tricks again."
"Actually, sir. They've both been keeping to their word and staying put. Even Newt, which as we both know is a very difficult task for him. He loves to travel."
"Yes. And cause mischeif"
"I thought the mishap in New York was cleared up"
"That may be. But my trust in him to following rules is still very low. Now, I have another meeting with the president from MACUSA. I heard she;s brought some of their top aurors over here as well. Build that team, Scamander. I'm counting on you."
"Of course, sir"
The minister leaves Theseus' office. Theseus sits down at his desk and runs both hands through his hair. He looks down at the files all spread across the wooden oak. Each one detailing everything there is to know about each auror in the ministry.
'How can I do this?' he thought. 'Send a team of aurors to do the same mission that killed my beautiful Leta'.
It's been three years since Leta's passing, but each moment without her still stings his heart.
There's a knock on his office door. Theseus raises his head, smooths out his hair and shuffles the files neatly together.
"Come in" he calls. He hears the click of the catch and the squeak of the hinges as the door inches open. A tall figure enters the room.
"Hello to you too, Theseus"
He looks up quickly toward whwere the figure is standing at the door, recognising the America accent immediately.
There stands Tina Goldstein, hair chin length, fully suited in black slacks and brogues, white blouse and blue, leather auror coat.
"Tina? What are you doing here?"
"Madame President brought me here with a group of aurors. Just taking in some sights whilst she's in a meeting with your Minister"
"It's good to see you"
"You too. You seem to be doing okay"
"Getting there"
"So...er..... you seen Newt recently?"
Theseus smiles a knowing smile. "Yes, he's at home tending to the creatures at the moment."
Tina smiles and nods. "Okay"
"Did you want to see him?"
"Oh....well......I- I mean of course I would. Just see how he's doing. And the creatures, of course"
Theseus nods. "Of course." He grabs his coat from his chair and leads the way.
-

Newt is in his basement. He has just finished the creatures' evening feeding rounds and checked everyone's health (all in good shape so far), until he hears his front door open and close upstairs. He walks up to the door of the basement and goes through it. The minute he enters his main room, he sees his brother waving and smiling. It was good to see him smiling again, but Newt couldn't help wonder why he was smiling.

"Hello, Newt"
Newt nods, "Hello, Theseus"

Theseus spreads out his arms, gesturing for another brotherly hug. Newt reluctantly hugs him and gives him a side smile.

"How are you and everyone doing?" Theseus asks him, gesturing towards the basement door. Newt nods again, smiling a full smile. Theseus doesn't always ask how the creatures are.

"Everyone's well and fed and ready to sleep. I'm fine, too"

"That's good"

"How are you?" Newt asks him.

"I'm doing well, too. Oh and you have a special visitor. Someone came to visit me today at the Ministry and asked after you" Theseus gives him a wink and knowing smile. Newt looks at him, confused.