5

Welcome back everybody!!

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

   I watch Mallorie scope out my bedroom with careful eyes, scanning every single detail. It's been twenty minutes since I let her in and take in her surroundings. I stood on the other side of the room, twiddling my thumbs and waiting for her to say something.

   The only sounds are Mallorie's scuffling feet walking around and scraping of something being lifted from a surface. The only thing I know to do is watch my twin from my chaise, hugging my knees to my chest. I feel really awkward and uncomfortable for just staring at Mallorie. Yet, I didn't know what else to do.

   "Maybe...I should start a conversation?" I thought, glancing down at my open purse lounging not too far away out of habit. Yet, it is only filled with a few crumbs from Tikki eating sweets inside. I let out a sad sigh before returning my gaze to Mallorie. I decided to try and start a small chat with my sister.

   "So...Mallorie-"

   "Shadow."

   I blinked in surprise by the sudden reply, trying to process what she said.

"Sorry, what?" I questioned, tilting my head as if it would help me hear better. Mallorie groaned in annoyance, twisting around to face me. Her face is crinkled in displeasure like my presence is a burden to her. I could practically feel her eyes burning into my skin.

"Shadow. My name is Shadow, not that other terrible name," she said in disgust. Red flags waved in the air, her words baffling me. I gaped, releasing the hold on my legs and furrowing my eyebrows.

"Um..." I began, not sure how to go about this quite yet, "...okay, Shadow. I've got so many questions. Where have you been all this time? Do you know why we were separated? Or-"

"Oh my God, shut up," Shadow cut me off, irritation laced within her voice. Anger began to bubble within me, wondering what this girl's deal is. I haven't done anything to her! Yet, she's treating me like I'm the villain.

   "I just want to know-"

   "Well, guess what? I obviously don't have the answers," Mallorie cut me off again, hands on her hips, "So, bite down on that tongue of yours before anymore dumb questions come out."

   I couldn't believe the sudden mood change, realizing that what happened downstairs was all an act—a facade. She's showing me her true colors. I still don't know what her true intentions are, considering I just met her. So, why does she already hate me? What have I done to her?

She is reminding me too much of Lila.

"What's your deal? You're being a real jerk!" I spat, eyebrows knitted.

"Oh no! I am? How rude of me! I should've made it more clear how much I don't care," Shadow sarcastically replied, rolling her eyes and folding her arms, "So, listen loud and clear because I'm only saying this once, princess."

My eye twitched, not liking her using the nickname Chat Noir gave me. I didn't say anything though and continued to glare her down.

"I'm going to make your life a living hell," she said, moving until she stood in front of me. Shadow lifted her hand, brushing her fingers against my cheek. I jolted away from her cold touch and watched as a sinister smile spread across her lips.

"Such fair, pale skin," she continued, deviously, "I'm sure a few bloody cuts here and there will make it stand out even more. Maybe, a few broken bones to go along with it."