28

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

   "Well, I can safely say that everything that could go wrong has gone exceedingly wrong," I thought, completely over everything since finding out father's secret identity.

   I tried to wriggle out of the invisible bonds keeping me attached to the chair, still "surprisingly" having no effect. I don't know what's happening to me or why I'm willingly obeying his orders. He told me to sit in this chair and not move. Ever since then, I've been unable to do anything.

   I couldn't see a single thing with how dark it is in this room. Where are we? His secret lair?

   I had watched father transform before my very eyes just a few minutes ago. At first, I was in shock even though I already knew he was Hawkmoth. Still, seeing it was a whole different experience solidifies the truth.

A giant window opened, letting in the moonlight. Standing in the center of the light is my father's silhouetted back.

   "How come I've never seen this place, especially this giant butterfly window for crying out loud?" I said within my mind. I can't believe everything was inside this house—was standing right in front of me this entire time.

   "Go and akumatize this vengeful soul!" Hawkmoth ordered the tainted butterfly. It innocently fluttered out of the window and off into the night sky toward its victim.

   "Who are you akumatizing now? Mr. Ramier for like...the eighth time," I sarcastically said. Father didn't say a word to me. I scoffed.

   "Well, whoever it is. I know Ladybug will triumph in the end."

   "I don't think so," he finally replied, "This one will be my greatest masterpiece and I'll finally get those miraculous."

   I narrowed my eyes at him.

   "I know why you're getting the miraculous but it won't work. A great price is going to have to be paid if you bring mom back from the dead! Who knows what will happen!" I tried to convince him to stop. Father is a reasonable man. Maybe, I can change his mind.

   "That's the thing, Adrien," Hawkmoth spoke, turning to face me, "Your mother isn't dead."

   My eyes widened before shaking the nonsense out of my head. No, he's lying. I can't trust anything he tells me.

   "Stop it..." I said in a low voice through gritted teeth. Father walked toward me with his cane gripped in his hand.

   "She has been alive this whole time. She is in a comatose state at the moment..." he continued.

   "Stop it," I commanded, my breathing starting to waver. I can't let him get into my head. He wants me to side with him, trying not to make himself the bad guy. He's trying to justify all his wrongs and terror. All the victims. All the pain. All the destruction.

I know mom wouldn't want this...even if it meant her return.

   "I can make a wish using the ladybug earrings and the black cat ring to awaken her..." he added on.

   "Stop it," my voice grew louder, starting to crack. My eyes welled up with water. I don't want him to make me hope that she'll magically return. I would want nothing more...but I know there'll be dire consequences. Paris has already paid enough suffering from my father. I won't let him bring anymore.

   How can I though when I'm so weak?

   "I'm willing to pay the price if it means we can be a family again," father finished, reaching out a hand.