16

Y'all, I'm sorry! There is going to be a lot of P.O.V switching in this chapter. I didn't want it to be this way bbbuuuttt it all goes along with the story!

Enjoy!

{+}{+}{+}

Chat Noir's P.O.V

   "CATACLYSM!"

   Just one touch and it'll all be over. Syren will be no more. I'll have my revenge. Everything will go back to normal again...except, Ladybug—Marinette...

   She is gone. She won't be returning once this is all over. Not even the miracle cure can bring people back from their fatal demise. The thought of it sends misery into my already weeping heart. I'm pretty sure unshed tears are brimming my eyelids. Yet, I didn't care. My main focus is on the trembling Syren helplessly backed into the wall with nowhere else to go.

I have her trapped. The sea creatures that protected her aren't here (well, immobilized). There is nothing that'll stop me from performing the deed and acting on it.

Just one touch.

One brush of my destructive fingers against her skin and it's all over.

I reach out my hand with the menacing black bubbles. As I grow closer, Syren tries to get farther (and fails at it). The aquatic akuma screams in fear, not ready for her fate to be sealed. A life for a life.

"CHAT NOIR! STOP!"

   Suddenly, a figure blocks my pathway. My eyes widen at the surprise interference guarding Syren. I gasp, waving my arms around to slow myself down. I manage to stop a few inches away from...from...her.

   The red suit, decorated with black spots. The locks of midnight hair floating beautifully in the water. Pale skin practically glowing from the reflecting light in the water.

   Those shimmering sapphire eyes. I could never forget them, seeing similar shades of blue on clear skies and gemstones. These eyes. These are the same eyes that are staring into my soul with terror.

   Terrified of me.

"Marinette?"

{+}{+}{+}

Tikki's P.O.V

Chat Noir left, much to my distress. I glance between his leaving form and Marinette. The fury I witnessed in his eyes. The rage and anguish. He's suffering and blinded by his revenge. He needs to be stopped before he does something he'll regret. I won't be able to catch up to Chat Noir. Even if I do catch up to him, I won't be able to stop him.

The only person who can stop Chat is Marinette.

But...

I look down at the teen girl lifelessly laying on the cold stone.

   I need to save her!

   I float over and start running myself into my holder's chest. I know she's still alive. She may be human but she is not weak. She is struggling to let air flow and needs help.

   I repeatedly fly into the air and shoot down at her chest. Up. Down. Hit! Up. Down. Hit! Up. Down. Hit!

   "Marinette you need to live! Please!" Tikki begs, "Your family needs you!"

   Hit!

   "Chat Noir needs you!"

   Hit!

   "You might not know it but Mallorie needs you too!"