9

{+}{+}{+}

Ladybug's P.O.V

Lioness is a tough opponent.

She is dressed like a jaguar with a realistic tail swaying mischievously. The villains brown hair is puffed out like a lion's mane. She has claws to help her climb and green, cat-like eyes to see in the dark. She has other jungle animal's abilities such as speed, strength, and stealth.

Yet, I noticed her weakness of performance in the city terrain. Unfortunately, she is accompanied by a plant amuck, Kapok. Its ability is to create a jungle to eliminate that weakness. Apparently, the earlier shaking is from the rapidly growing greenery Kapok is sprouting from under the streets and buildings, knocking them down.

The amuck is hidden somewhere in this hectic mess. The only reason why we know of Kapok's existence is because Lioness can somehow communicate with the amuck through the vines.

"How are we supposed to stop her?" Chat asked, seriously, "And don't say "How about you go chat with her since you two are the same species."

Chat Noir and I are currently hiding behind a chimney, outside of the slowly growing jungle. We had to regroup, seeing how we were being outdone by Lioness. She nearly managed to grab my earrings three times. I would have been vulnerable and exposed if it weren't for Chat's sixth sense.

"I wasn't going to say that," I responded, earning a unbelieving look from my partner.

"I'm sure you were thinking about it," he said.

"...okay, I'll give you that," I gave in, sheepishly. Chat Noir smiled a little until nearly falling over when the building began to shake. Then, it crumbled.

I pulled Chat Noir against me and quickly swung to the next building still in one piece. Luckily, this part of Paris has been evacuated do to the dangerous akuma and amuck's power. The landing isn't the best but at least we aren't being crushed by bricks. I rubbed my aching side and looked over at Chat to make sure he is okay.

   There's a slight scratch on his cheek but otherwise, he seems fine.

   "So, I ask again. How are we going to stop those two?" Chat repeated, pointing at the trees. I hummed in thought, staring at the jungle. As jungles are usually thick and dense, it will be difficult to get through even with superpowers. We might get tangled in vines or hit a branch. Or worse, run into the akuma.

   "We need to take away Lioness's advantage somehow," I said, "Which means, we need to get Kapok out of the picture and lure Lioness out."

   "Should I cataclysm Kapok? Its powers will go haywire but it might buy us time," Chat brought up. I shook my head, "No, that will only lure Lioness deeper into the jungle, assuming Kapok is in the middle."

   My gaze landed on the vines and a idea popped into my head.

   "Maybe we can't destroy the amuck but maybe we can get rid of it and Lioness's communication system," I explained, standing up and clutching my yoyo. I have a plan but I need to make sure I am not missing anything.

   I'm about to use my Lucky Charm when Chat Noir suddenly perks up.

   "Ladybug, watch out!" He warned me, dashing toward me. I barely had time to move when Chat suddenly pushed me out of the way from a blur of orange and brown. I shot up, drinking in the scene before me. Lioness has Chat Noir pinned down with a wicked grin pulled on her face.

   Her tail swished in the air and a giggle slides through her teeth.

   "My my, I was not expecting this," she purred, "but I can't say I am displeased."