Valentine's Day Special

Lmao I was supposed to finish off editing this chapter but I ended up waking up with a huge migraine and sleeping for another hour after taking a few tablets cause I felt so bad, then woke up and took a shower cause I was all sweaty from my shivering and migraine and that. Then I kept getting distracted from editing (whether that be playing with my sister or vibing to music) and I just didn't finish editing until now.

It's literally 11:47pm rn smh

* * * * *

Naruko yawned as she woke up, remaining in her laying position as she rubbed her dual-coloured eyes to get rid of the fatigue. She looked to the side, glancing at Gaara's sleeping form on the bed, and smiled. Ever since he was able to, Gaara loved sleeping. It got to the point where Naruko sometimes woke him up by jumping on his body and has accidentally kneed him where no pain should ever be felt on a man (and Gaara will completely deny that he cried and screamed like a little girl at the pain, much to Naruko's - and Kurama's pained - hysterical amusement).

The soon-to-be-fourteen year-old looked at the clock on the wall, noting that it was eight in the morning, and decided to get in the shower. Undoing the bandage wrappings around her quickly-growing chest, she placed her clothing by the sink, running a hot shower. Naruko then stepped under the water and sighed contentedly with a smile. She could remember the day she could have a hot shower longer than ten minutes, as well as how gleeful she felt. She'd accidentally spent an hour or so just sitting under the hot water without even doing anything. 

Naruko scrubbed the nicely-scented shampoo into her hair after washing the rest of her body, massaging her fingers into her scalp and running the appendages through her long, bi-coloured hair. She began to think about everything that had happened up until that very moment, then paused in realisation. Hold on... She thought, brows furrowed lightly. Isn't it Valentine's Day? Naruko wondered to herself. The girl's lips curled into a smile, and she suddenly started to laugh loudly at her train of thought. 

"Hahaha! Good luck, Sasuke!" She laughed. From his countless complaints in the letters they'd been sending back and forth, Naruko knew he had many fangirls, as well as his deep hatred for them. He had also confessed to her that he was scared of some of the things they did and told him. What made Naruko laugh, though, was that he was scared of Sakura - his biggest fangirl. Oh, Sakura. You've really outdone yourself. Good job. Naruko quickly finished her shower and exited the bathroom after changing.

 Naruko had changed into a white vest-top that reached just above her waist. She also wore a pair of thigh-length yellow shorts that had a drawstring around the waist and blue shinobi sandals on her feet. The girl had also put her wet hair up while it dried, a few strands stuck to her tanned, whiskered face. 

The thirteen year-old then walked up to her supplies, taking out some supplies, then proceeding to write on a sheet of paper. She began to draw lines, turning those soft strokes into words and sentences. A few moments later, Naruko snickered at the note she was about to send to Sasuke.

'Good luck.'

Sending it through her seal with a snicker, Naruko turned to look at the other soul in the room, blinking in surprise when she saw that he was not asleep.

"Thought you were asleep." She said with a smile. Gaara yawned, turning to his side to face her completely.

"I woke up."

"I can see that." Naruko shook her head with a grin, then walked closer to the bed he was laying in and sat on her knees. Her head rested on her folded arms - atop the mattress - and her face was moved closer to Gaara's. "Good morning."