Chapter Two

Naruko woke from her body jolting. Her body jolted and flinched at the small scare, which caused her to tip over the edge of the branch. Within a second, the fatigue cleared and a yelp escaped her as she clung to the branch like a koala. She then manage to scramble her way back onto the thick branch. I'm going to murder Sasuke! Naruko sneered at the thought, then sighed. She reached over to her where she'd put the seal and input some of her chakra, receiving a piece of paper in return.         

"Let's see here..." Naruko murmured, her eyes scanning over the letter. Kurama began to cackle once he'd read the letter and felt the anger and frustration his host was beginning to feel at her brother in all but blood. 

Naruko clenched her fist tightly and the piece of paper in it crumpled up. She gritted her teeth and practically growled. Then, in a split second, her anger completely disappeared and her emotions left her expression after a small sigh, morphing into a calm look while her presence became a beacon for others to get the hell out of her way, lest they die a horrible and painful death.

"I'm going to kill him." She said quietly and calmly after a minute of silence. Kurama nearly flinched - nearly! The mostly-blonde-haired girl then fished around her supplies, finding what she was looking for - the Hiraishin Marker. Writing a note to tell Sasuke to attach it himself, she quickly put a copy of it into the seal and swung her leg back and forth as she waited for a response. A minute or so later, she received confirmation from her surrogate brother. Naruko immediately Hiraishined to the raven-haired boy.

Upon the mostly-blonde girl's arrival in the boy's hospital room, she whacked him across the head. Hard. 

"Itai!" Sasuke immediately exclaimed in pain, hands flying to clutch his throbbing head, the hit making him lose focus for a moment or two. He opened his previously tightly-shut eyes and gave a small glare to his surrogate sister, only to immediately flinch and lean away at the look on her face.

"Are you an idiot?!" Naruko screeched, preparing to hit him again. Sasuke flinched when he heard the crack of her knuckles. 

"Naruko! Naruko! Wait! Don't hit me!" Sasuke rushed in an attempt to prevent the girl from hitting his head once again, lest she crack his skull. Kurama merely grimaced silently, making a mental note to hold off on teaching her about chakra-enhanced attacks. 

"And why should I do that when I clearly need to fix the screws that have come loose?" Naruko asked with an innocent smile. Sasuke tensed immediately, managing to stop himself from flinching. He had to choose his next words very carefully, lest he get punched into next week. At his silence, Naruko's smile widened.

"Ah, I have a plan! I have a plan!" Sasuke exclaimed in a panic, deciding in that split second that being vaguely honest would be the best course of action. In the end, it simply spared him being hit as hard as the first time, which was as good as he would get.

"I got that, idiot. Why on earth would you ever want to do this?" Naruko asked, now calm. She sat on his hospital bed and watched him with sharp eyes. Looking down, Sasuke explained.

"If I act like I hate Nii-chan, then that'll throw everyone for a loop. If I act like I hate everyone and everything, nobody will get close to me, so I won't make any connections to this village. If I act like I'm revenge-driven, people will understand if I leave the village to 'get power' and 'get revenge' on Nii-chan. This'll also mean that they would be looking in places where I could get power from, instead of Uzushio. If I can successfully do this, then it'll be more understandable to leave the village and become a Missing-Nin." At his sister's silence and thoughtful look, Sasuke gave a sheepish smile. "It means it'll be easier to go to Uzushio and to you. Naruko, if I do this, I effectively cut ties with Konoha and I'm no longer loyal to it. Once I do this, I can become a ninja of Uzushio." Looking at Naruko's conflicted look, Sasuke decided to make one last statement to try and gain her favour. "It also means that, when I do, if Konoha makes demands to get me back, they can't since I'm no longer their ninja."