Prologue

!!MENTIONS OF RAPE AND SUICIDE!!

Very small adjustments made to to the outfit.

A small, three-foot-five, girl lay on the cold, stone ground. Her whiskered face was void of emotion, except the large crystal tears that ran down her face like a river. She lay on her back, silent, with her apathetic face facing up at the star-filled night sky, her blue-fading-into-violet eyes having lost their real shine a long time ago. Her mouth remained in a straight line and her unfocused eyes simply watched the night sky above her. Her arms lay outstretched  to her sides and her body remained unmoving - even her chest barely rose and fell as the girl inhaled and exhaled - except for the small involuntary shivers that the cold wind blew onto her half-naked body. She still had her oversized white t-shirt (which had an orange Uzumaki Swirl on the front), now covered in dirt and grime from the ground. Her navy blue oversized shorts had long since been ripped and thrown off to the side, her underwear had been burned by a low-level fire jutsu and all that remained were ashes that had been blown away by the wind a while ago. Her lower half had a dull burning ache - which was slowly disappearing because of her fast healing rate.

The seven year-old then sharply inhaled, her eyes flying wide-open when a particularly cold breeze knocked into her. Just as fast as her blue-and-violet eyes opened, they went back to normal. With a quiet groan of pain, she curled up into herself in a futile attempt to preserve any remnants of heat in her small body. 

Kurama? She asked in her mind, her body void of life. It took a few seconds before she heard the rumbling of her tenant's deep, gruff voice. 

"I'm here, Kit." He grumbled in response to the girl's call. "You okay?" The girl made no answer and he sighed softly. "Right." Their conversation ended there and the girl made no attempt to move the crimson-tipped blonde her out of hair face and off of the ground. 

The pitter-patter of running footsteps sounded from beyond where the seven year-old lay, along with ragged breaths. The mostly-blonde girl quickly tried to push herself backwards, only to hiss at the pain it brought. When the running and the shadows stopped in front of the alley, she gave up in acceptance of her demise and immediately fell to the ground with her expression that of what it was before. 

"Hello...?" A young boy's voice called quietly. The girl saw the silhouette of a boy a few inches taller than her and lay motionless, her heart rate speeding up slightly when he began approaching, scared and expecting that once he sees and recognises her as the Demon Brat of Konohagakure he will continue her abuse.

The boy continued to approach, curiosity getting the better of him. He continued his advance, hands held together in front of his chest with nerves. When he saw the body of a young girl - looking to be a year, maybe two, younger than him - his charcoal eyes widened in shock and he began to run to her, falling next to her body. He quickly lifted his hand and moved it to her neck, sighing in relief when he felt a pulse. 

"Hey, are you okay?!" He exclaimed in a slight panic, hands shaking her body. Her blue-and-violet eyes trailed to look at the boy's face and she blinked slowly, then turned back to let her eyes go unfocused once again as they looked up. "Can you sit?" He asked slowly, taking his arms back. The girl blinked, then slowly began to push herself up, groaning lowly. He panicked for a moment, then helped her sit up. The girl sighed slowly, leaning into his chest and letting her eyes close slightly. The seven year-old boy let the girl sit in his lap, her head leaning against his chest. He couldn't help it when his pale cheeks gained a pink tint when he felt that she wore nothing except the oversized white t-shirt that thankfully covered enough of her body. "Hey, what's your name?" He quickly asked, noticing that she was quickly falling asleep.