Chapter Fifteen

Made a bit of a drawing for the chapter :]

________________________________________________________

"Hold it down!"

Naruko thrashed in the pot-bellied man's grip, sobbing and screaming at the horrible feeling of hands roaming along her small body and grabbing hold of her thin limbs. Two arms were on each leg, one of which held a disgustingly uncomfortable grasp of her thigh, a hand slowly moving down and inwards. Inch by inch. Cenimetre by centimetre. This hadn't happened to her before. Maybe they'd found a new method of hurting her with? More tears fell down her cheeks as she cried, incoherent babbles of pleas and begs for mercy on her tongue. Two hands held each of her arms out and the force of which made them go numb. They were going white too, she observed distantly.

A woman in the entrance to the alley twirled a knife in her hand, a sick smile on her lips as her heels clicked against the stone ground.

Click, click, click.

A quiet hum.

"Hold it up for me, will you?" She said, as though inconvenienced by this whole ordeal, yet amused at the same time. Naruko was lifted into a sitting position, terror forcing her into a trembling silence, while those around her adjusted their hold on her weak and frail, seven-year-old body. The woman crouched in front of her, another hum on her lips as she lifted Naruko's chin with the flat part of the knife, the sharp end gently prodding at her tender neck. So small. So easy to break. So easy to kill. "It's a shame you took on such a pretty form, Kyūbi." She commented quietly, moving Naruko's head from side to side, as if inspecting her. "I have to admit: I'm kinda jealous." She laughed softly, tracing the whisker marks on her cheeks with her finger, long crimson nails digging crescents into the skin. Naruko flinched at the touch, completely ready to just beg for her to get it over with. She knew better than to speak, though. She was their toy tonight. Their little pet. And pets aren't allowed to misbehave.

"Hey, Kyūbi, did you add these as a sick little joke? Or are you too weak to control them?" The woman pondered aloud, seemingly curious yet uncaring of the answer. "I asked you a question." She hissed, the point of the blade digging into the soft flesh of Naruko's neck. It stung and it hurt, but it barely pierced her skin. But, if she answered, then it would go into her neck with the movement. How deep would depend on if the lady was satisfied.

"I-I was born with- with these." Naruko whispered shakily, trying to hide the terror in her quivering, little voice. The knife had thankfully been taken away before it could pierce her neck and now sat in the lady's hold, who toyed with it and spun it in her hand. Naruko was sad to say that it looked cool how easy she made it look. She was about to say something, but turned around to face the entrance of the alley when a new voice piped up.

"Man, I thought you'd be done by now. You're so slow."

She could faintly hear a quiet call of her name. Was someone looking for her? Had Anbu members come to help her?

It was a group of five that had just arrived, and ice-cold terror seeped into her bones like blood through veins and chakra through body.

"I was just getting to it, chill the fuck out, dude." She grumbled to him, then lifted the girl's clothing to reveal her concave torso, an unhealthy shape from a lack of nourishment, painted in web-like scars that criss-crossed along her pale skin. The woman smiled happily, as if she'd just been given the best gift she could've gotten. The knife reflected the light from the moon menacingly, and Naruko wondered whether the moon enjoyed seeing this happen. It glowed so joyfully. Maybe it was the conductor in this orchestra of agony. It was always above, watching on, so maybe that was the case.