Chapter Five

Naruko jumped through the trees, making sure she concealed her immense chakra with significant struggle. 

"I really should either find or make a chakra suppression seal.." She murmured to herself. Kurama snorted in her mind.

As an Uzumaki and the Jinchūriki of the Kyūbi – the strongest Tailed Beast – Naruko was practically a beacon of chakra. Even before she began training and expanding her reserves, the girl had high-jounin-level chakra reserves. Then, when she began to train, they were boosted exponentially. For the last two years, Naruko's reserves were just under Kage-level. Every day she had to keep up with chakra control exercises to accommodate for her new and increasing chakra reserves. 

Naruko and Kurama had been travelling together for just over half a year. They had just crossed the border into the Wind Country and were making their way over to the Shinobi Village that housed the Ichibi Jinchuuriki. The Kyūbi had warned her that the container may be slightly unstable due to his brother's influence. This had infuriated the girl when she learned that it was due to the poorly-constructed seal that kept the Bijū in his container. Her first thought had made a surge of amusement go through her own tenant, with it having been: 'If you're gonna make someone's life hell, at least do it right!'

Kurama opened his eyes and blinked when he faintly saw the walls of Sunagakure in the horizon, then exhaled softly in amusement when he felt how the heat of the desert was making his host annoyed and tired. 

"If you hurry up now, then you can make it to Suna within the next hour or so." Kurama offered to the girl who had put her hair up into a high ponytail, which was now being pushed by the wind blowing it back. 

"Right. I'll-" Naruko was cut off when she accidentally inhaled some sand that had been picked up in the air. She stopped and bent over with her hands on her knees, coughing. Damn sand! I swear to Kami! Naruko was even more irritated when she heard Kurama cackling deep in her mindscape. She grit her teeth and growled lightly. Kurama kept laughing for a few more seconds, before it began to fade into an amused smirk. 

Naruko then caught her breath and stood up straight, squinting at the village in the horizon. She crouched down, making sure to use a consistent amount of chakra to prevent herself from sinking into the golden sand, and directed a large amount of chakra into her feet. She managed to push chakra into her feet and waited until she felt a slight numbing sensation in her feet that indicated she had a little bit too much chakra stored within the limbs. At that point Naruko crouched down even more, leaning forward onto the balls of her feet with her arms back. She imagined holding onto a bar made from chakra that was behind her to keep her from falling victim to gravity. Naruko then imagined two tiny holes opening up on the back of the soles of her feet and one in the centre of her heels, and felt the chakra that she'd stored in her feet began to slowly begin to seep out in miniscule amounts. Naruko closed her eyes, then exclaimed in surprise and sudden fear (as well as slight pain) when the sudden gust of wind hit her face and the soles of her feet stung from the sudden explosion of chakra that propelled her forward at extremely high speeds. Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Naruko swore in her mind when Sunagakure was rapidly drawing closer.

About halfway to the village, Naruko began to slow down and the sudden decrease in speed made her lose her balance. A second or two later, the blonde exclaimed in surprise when she suddenly tumbled onto the sand and curled up into a ball on reflex. She tumbled forward in a ball, getting sand on her and in her hair. Once she'd stopped, she spat out the few grains that got in her mouth and wiped off the ones that got on her face, then used a simple water jutsu to get rid of any residual sand, then a wind one to dry herself.