➳❥ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

──────◈◈◈──────
Birthday at age 5

"Congratulations!"

"You've already turned 5, time sure flies by fast!"

"How adorable. I look forward to the future."

"Well well, what is this? A splendid lady you've become."

Spewing lies, and while thinking their words were lies, I responded with a smile.

The guests that arrived one after another were probably people with reputation.

Wrapping their bodies in expensive looking clothes and riding luxurious carriages, they came to our Norfolk residence.

Most were adults who came with the intention of pursuing grown up affairs, talking business and getting acquainted.

But for manner's sake, they came to me and expressed words of congratulations.

So as not to be discourteous, I carefully considered and replied with words that a child would, but honestly it was tiring.

"Here you are, it would be good if you're pleased with it."

"Waa, what could it be!?"

An unpleasant premonition ran through me as I accepted the cutely wrapped bundle.

I opened the bundle in the guise of a child thrilled at receiving a present, and what appeared was a variety of confections.

"Kya, thank you!"

I embraced the parcel as if it were precious, and jumped up and down.

Then after I smiled while expressing my thanks, the guest would nod with satisfaction and turn their attention in a different direction.

While watching the back of the guest who left, I softly sighed.

Aah, I want to say it. I want to say it in a loud voice.

Don't think that a child will like sweets just because they're a kid.

My palate hadn't be reset, so I dragged along my tastes from my past life.

I was no good with sweet things.

If it was just a little sweet, then I'd be fine though.

As expected, with the intention to be given to a child, the confections that were stuffed with an increased quantity of sugar would be impossible for me.

It's not a declaration fitting for a five year old, but I'll say it anyways.

I miss cigarettes...

I was a heavy smoker in my past life.

Even if my salary didn't rise, and even if the cigarette tax increased, that didn't deter me.

Still, it seemed like that part had gotten reset at least since I didn't get irritated from not smoking.

But whenever the stress piled up, I subconsciously searched where my pocket would be.

By the way, my outer appearance has leveled up from my past life.

I was worried about the slightly rounder than normal figure, but I could say it was an appearance to look forwards to.

If such a chubbily cute girl said,

"I want to smoke a cigarette!"

Dropping such lines, people would feel disappointed. Even if she said it cutely, they'd still be disappointed.