➳❥ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

Levin Fitzroy had somewhat wavy reddish brown hair, scarlet eyes that you involuntarily gazed at, and he was a 6 year old boy with a youthful well featured face that will definitely turn into an ikemen in the future.

Even if he was born as the eldest son of a fallen noble family.

Retrospectively the Fitzroy house was endowed with fortune, wealth and authority, but now there were only the vestiges; all that was left was pretty much the big castle that lasted them for generations.

They did not have the wealth to employ a number of people, so the castle could only decline.

Because all it had was size, a heavy gloom floated in the air.

Even though everyone knew of the Fitzroy house's circumstances, Levin's parents, especially his mother was still coated in vanity, lived gloriously buying and gathering dresses and gems until they accumulated debt.

"The Fitzroy house is auspiciously remembered by the King and possessing great honor. As that house's current madam, how could I show a crude appearance? Wearing the same dress twice, I am not a person who would do such a humiliating thing."

That was the madam's favorite phrase, and everyone knew of the Fitzroy house's downfall to poverty.

Rather, dressing up in half baked dresses and jewels, the surrounding impressions were ones of scorn.

But the madam didn't notice it.

"My, madam. That dress is quite something~"

To those ridicule filled words of praise.

"Yes. It's something I had made for tonight with a tailor I am on good terms with. It was custom made."

Pitifully, she responded with glee.

Even though those wives with good taste knew that the dress was secondhand goods and were only rousing her.

The madam did not notice she was the object of scorn, nor that she was being laughed at with a variety of sneers, but Levin who accompanied her was different.

He recognized his house's financial state and circumstances, also the situation that their surroundings were looking down on them.

He had tried various times to remonstrate his mother, but the madam did not hold it in her ears.

Only to her child's candid advice, the madam commiserated with herself and cried.

"To not even be able to satisfy myself with purchasing these dresses and jewels that aren't even expensive, oh how pitiable an existence I am!" She said.

Levin eventually looked at his mother, who although did not have the wealth but racked up debt with her vanity, with eyes of resignation and pity.

Even though she was his blood related mother, he couldn't understand her mentality at all.

Why couldn't she satisfy herself with something else?

Why, when she gazed upwards and thought of the old days, would she grieve meaninglessly?

Why was she not putting in any effort?

The ones who were pitiable were the servants whose wages were overdue for payment due to his mother's extravagance. They also had their own lives and times when they needed to buy dresses.

Why was mother so self centered?

Due to the madam's repeated waste unsuitable for her position, the ones struggling to make a living were not only their employees, but also Levin.