Chapter 12

Ever since my realization, I could barely look at Cassandra.

We ended falling asleep and she left shortly after waking up.

I pretended to be asleep when she woke.

I heard her telling me that she was leaving she had some meeting blah blah but I took the coward's way out and pretended I was asleep.

How could I have fallen in love with a married woman.

My lovers wife. I fell in love with my lovers wife!

"Uuuuuuggh!"

"Stupid, stupid Natasha! Love does not exist Natasha. Everyone you thought loved you left or tried to get something from." I scolded myself.

My parents left me when I was eight. Well they died in car accident but it was still the same thing. I begged them not to go. I remember crying asking them not to go because they weren't taking me along and I didn't like our neighbor who would stay with me from time to time when my parents went out. She smelled of old moth balls and her cooking was horrible.

But my parents left me after scolding me. That was the last I saw of them.

I then went to live with my mother's sister and her husband. For a long time I had resented them because my parents was on the way to have lunch with them when that drunk driver drove into their car. My aunt never gave up on me however and I grew to love her. Then she left me when I was seventeen, she died from a heart attack. I still don't understand how that happened because she was there, happy and fine and then the next day she was gone.

My uncle changed after that. I guess you can say grief changes people. At first I didn't notice until the little accidental touches here and there. I ignored them until they no longer became accident. Then he tried to...

Stop thinking about it Natasha.

I tried not to think about it but the flood gates of my memory were open.

I remember laying on my bed that night when I heard the door to my room open. I remember closing my eyes tightly pretending to be asleep, pretending and wishing it all away.

But when I felt his hands going up my thighs I couldn't pretend anymore. I fought, screaming, biting and slapping. I ran from the house in only my nightwear. I hid and slept at the side of the house in the bushes until he left for work.

Then I snuck in and pack my bags and I have never been back there. I was a few months away from turning eighteen so I was almost legally free to be on my own. I was thankful that I inherited my mother's genes. My looks and ass have brought me a far way from the homeless seventeen almost eighteen year old living in a shelter.

Speaking of coming a long way I need to take this weekend and complete my assignments. I am this close to finishing my BA Degree and neither love nor my past will ruin that for me.

I got up and made my bed. Then I went to have breakfast and started on my assignments. I was mid way through the second assignment when I heard my phone ringing.

I ignored it.

It rang again so I went to answer it and saw that it was Cassandra.

I silenced my phone and went back to doing my assignments.

That was how my weekend progressed. Completing assignments and ignoring Cassandra's calls.

I knew it was the coward thing to do but I had no idea what to say to her. What do you say to the woman you realized you are in love with but don't want to be in love with?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

The weekend came and went with me ignoring Cassandra. I went to work afraid that she would pop up but she never did. Neither have I heard from Nathan but that is expected because he usually avoids me during my periods. He was a weird man. But once he covers my expenses that was all that mattered.

It was now the middle of the week and I have not received anymore calls from Cassandra neither has she popped up at my job. I guess she got the hint.

I couldn't help but feel sad about it.

I heard my door bell going off and I tried to ignore it. It was probably Nathan and he has a key.

It went off again. Now I was really annoyed!

I checked the time and realized that it was after ten.

I stomped my way to the door about to give Nathan a piece of my mind. He was not going to get obedient and docile tonight.

I grabbed the door handle and swung it open.

I ate back every word that I was about to say because there stood the woman that has been taking up all my mind space and she looked pissed as fuck.

"Uh Cass-Cassandra what are you doing here?"

She walked pass me into the apartment.

Okay.....

"Let me tell you this Natasha I do not beg! I do not call people more than once! Twice if they are my parents or its important but you had me calling you multiple times and you refused to answer!"

Even though the she was shouting at me, she never looked more beautiful to me. Her hair was tousled as if she ran her hand through it multiple times and her eyes were alive with anger.

So I did the one thing that I have been dying to do.

The one thing that I have been dreaming to do.

I kissed her.

She pushed me back as if wanting to say something but I beat her to it.

"I'm sorry."

She closed her mouth and I saw the anger leaving her eyes.

"Why? Why were you ignoring my calls?" She asked.

I panicked. I couldn't tell her the real reason so I blurted out about catching up on assignments and being stressed by school etc.

I knew she didn't believe me but she dropped it.

"Don't ever do that again."

"I won't." I whispered on her lips.

I then proceeded to show her how sorry I was.