Breaking Point: Chapter 2

Bucky's POV

It's been a few months since all of us moved into the tower. It was an admittedly rocky transition for all of us. Several of the Avengers still had some understandable grudges against me. That paired with some other unspoken tension lead to a lot of in house animosity for the first month or two. Eventually, we all warmed up to each other though. We train with one another daily and have even gone on several missions side by side. It's hard not to bond with people who help save your life in battle.

The Hydra case, however, is a different story. Despite all the personal relationship progress that's been made, zero has been made for the mission. The only information we have is still limited to a small vague profile given to us by Fury. The details inside have proven to be less than helpful. I must have looked over the damn thing fifty times in the past week in trying to come up with anything useful to share, but I draw a blank every time.

I wake up to a knock at my door and immediately reach for the knife under my pillow. "Who is is?" I question in a stern almost rigid voice.

"It's me jerk, Wanda got a lead on the super soldier suspect." I jump up at Steve's words and rush over to the door swinging it wide open.

"lead with that next time Punk." I grumble before pushing past him to reach the elevator.

"I thought I did." I hear him answer in amusement before following me into the metal elevation box. "Jarvis, take us to the main council floor."

"Of course Captain Rogers." The AI system replies instantly before closing the door and dropping down to the main Avengers level.

The floor was usually used for weekly get togethers, but occasionally it was used for its intended purpose of group meetings and strategy briefings. As soon as the door slides open again I hop out and walk briskly down the hall to the big open room with a table in the middle. Upon entering the area I am subjected to the beginning sounds of a growing argument.

"Wanda, it's not safe or wise to rush into an unknown base blindly. We do not know what these people are capable of doing." Vision states clearly from his position at the table.

"I do not care. Their is a suffering girl in there who needs our help. It is our duty to save her." Wanda counters, her voice rising in anger as she pushes her side.

"Vision is right Wanda. Despite everything else, we need to worry about our own safety first. If we barge in there we could all get killed." I don't even have to look at the person to recognize Sam's voice.

"I don't think she's suggesting that we just waltzed into enemy territory unprepared. All she's saying is that we need to work harder on trying to get to the kid instead of focusing on the smaller bases first." Clint interjects, clearly trying to come to the poor red heads defense. At this point though I've heard enough of the conversation and walk further into the room with Steve.

"Someone wanna tell us what's going on here?" He ask as we both approach the table. He goes to stand next to an exasperated Natasha as I move near a tired Loki who clearly thought it was too early to be dealing with this bullshit.

"Tony was finally able to get a cctv picture of our target. Telekinesis lady managed to remember where the girl was kept. Apparently she was taken to train with this unknown super soldier once or twice. Now there's a high school debate worthy argument going on about what we should do with this information." Sam says through a yawn while vaguely gesturing to Wanda and the papers spread out in front of her. I walk over to Wanda and gently place my flesh hand onto her shoulder. She looks at me for a moment before giving me a tired sigh and stepping aside so I can look at the papers on the table.