1.8

a/n : yeah okay fine - I'm sorry for this.

but lol have fun!!

please comment, vote, and react!

✰✰✰

THINGS ARE GOING WELL.

Really well. Spencer is... she's enjoying herself.

She didn't even think it was possible to enjoy time with Bruce this much, but apparently, it's completely possible. Easy, even.

Spencer Rebecca Banner had completely dismissed her summer homework, for one, because Bruce Banner was now letting her work on Avengers work with him. Seriously - he's sitting there, asking Spencer's opinions on prototypes and Spencer doesn't know anything about any of this, but she's trying to offer her limited knowledge and ideas.

And Bruce is accepting it.

"I think we design it with the motor on top," Bruce suggested, adjusting the display in front of him to indicate his design. He glanced down at Spencer to gauge her reaction, but she was squinting down at a notebook with scribbles in it before she peered up.

"What..." her finger pointed to a specific part of the sketch. "What if you move that axel back here? The motor would fit perfectly."

Bruce paused. He thought over it a little bit, then scrunched his face a little as he turned to type a few things in for dimensions, and viola - Spencer's idea fit on the screen.

"We should move the axle forward," Bruce said. "With the center of gravity here-" he pointed, "then we've got better balance. It can take more hits."

"Right, that makes sense," Spencer said, mulling over the screen to absorb everything she could.

Bruce watched her for a second before turning back to his tablet. With eyes on his own screen, he directed Spencer, "put your glasses on."

Spencer looked at him. "What?"

Bruce scoffed, then looked at her. "You can't see anything, Spencer, I just flipped the image and repeated your idea to you-" he stressed. "And you didn't even notice. Glasses on."

Spencer debated arguing, but she doesn't even care enough too. She's much more focused on talking to her dad about this project, so she grabbed them from where she stashed them in her backpack and shoved them on.

It's not all fun, though - Bruce has gotten Spencer to give into testing. He promised her it's all precautionary, and nothing's gonna hurt. And she holds him to that, okay? Because the second she sees a needle/blood/knife, it's game over. Spencer makes sure he's well aware of that.