eight || contrasts for you

contrasts for you 

THE SUPER FORMS AN ATTACHMENT TO ME

THE SUPER FORMS AN ATTACHMENT TO ME. After I petted him, he refuses to leave my side, following me all the way to the entrance of the building. When I try to go in again, he clings to my arm. So we end up waiting outside with Elliot and watching as the rest of the team finishes searching the building. 

In the end, we find four survivors.

The survivors share several traits: all of them seem to be below the age of eighteen, unable to speak, severely injured, and show signs of incredible powers. Their combined strength is enough for us to order separate planes to take them to the hospital. If we take them together, we might end up crashing because of their strength. 

As we organize this, the Super remains stubbornly on my arm. We take the last plane to hospital together, where my mate waits for me. Rome takes a look at the Super by my side and offers nothing to say.

The Super whimpers as the doctors strap him to the bed. I pet his arm in reassurance. It's not good to form attachments to dangerous people, I think to myself. But this one seems more like a victim than a monster. Rome watches the two us from across the room, leaning against the wall with his eyes half-shut. 

"He's been operated on," One of the doctor's confirms. "From the looks of the stitching, the person who did it might be a professional. But to gather to what the operations were for, we'll have to do extensive scans." 

"How long before we know what's happened?" 

"We can't say. Tests to find superpowers have never gotten accurate results. And I've never seen anything like this before. I suggest you do your own research as there's no guarantee of success on our end." 

"Alright," The nurse lifts his head from the bed. "The drugs should be settling in and he should be fast asleep after then. You can leave when that happens." 

I nod. 

After the doctors leave, the Super scoots to the edge of the bed. He's making room for me, even though there's not much space with his massive form. Still, I sit down next to him. He leans and sniffs my hair. 

"I might throw him out the window," Rome says. 

"Don't," I nudge the Super's head back on the pillow. "Think of him a stray kitten." 

"We should call him KP," He continues. "For Kicked Puppy." 

"That's mean," I scold. He snuggles into my palm, using it as a pillow. "I think Puppy will do fine by itself. Besides - he doesn't smell anything like a dog. It's more like a lizard, or maybe a crocodile." 

"Neither of those animals would explain the type of powers," Rome points out. "Christian would not keep him alive if that was the extent of his super ability. No, he's something more dangerous. We need to figure out what he can do as soon as possible."